[PSP] New features for FMH 2011

Apart from the standard features mentioned earlier this year, have we had any snippets on the other new additions lately? I notice there are loads for the PC / Mac version but can't find any for PSP / iphone.

Thanks

MV - Added PSP tag to this one as we appear to have one for the iPhone seperately

According to the FM2011 podcasts there aren't too many new additions to the PSP version as FMH 2010 was already using the majority of the PSP's available memory (RAM not storage).

I'd love to see the option for custom formations on FM 2011 for the iPhone. There are so few of the preset formations, but custom formations would completely sidestep this issue. i know the tactics screen is quite small, but I don't mind fiddleyness if it means I can use a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I will give you a preview of my article I have wrote for Vibe.

whgzfm.jpg

10. Takeovers

Despite Sugar Daddy takeovers are 0 to none in terms of FMH and with the Liverpool case being the latest in a long line of well published takeovers the owners are becoming more and more a key part of football and you should have to deal with other teams becoming the new Manchester City and morale of owners effecting the players like real life.

9. Varying PA

FM has a feature in which youngsters have a varying potential ability ranging from -1 to -10. -10 means that a youngster may have a PA between 180-200 and therefore differing in each game - much like a real life scope. While FMH incoperates PA it doesn't do this and it can provide a much better expierence for each player in order to find these "gems".

8. Contract bonuses

One of the fustrating thing in FMH is the players not accepting contracts, a few contract bonuses (such as 100 appearances bonus) can help these players in limbo come to your club - though you aren't offering them more money per week. Not only will this add a great element to the game but feel more rewarding getting a player.

• SI Staff
FM has a feature in which youngsters have a varying potential ability ranging from -1 to -10. -10 means that a youngster may have a PA between 180-200 and therefore differing in each game - much like a real life scope. While FMH incoperates PA it doesn't do this and it can provide a much better expierence for each player in order to find these "gems".

Good idea - just implemented a randomisation filter which is overlaid onto the database when you start a game (whether you use a quickstart or not) so FMHi will have a more random PA for youngsters each time you play.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Dec: I have an original PSP and I think you raise a great point about the substantial increase in memory with PSP2. I love FMH and it's great for someone like me who really enjoys the concept but doesn't have enough time to properly utilise the PC version (I've 2 very young kids). In saying that, I'd still like to see some more substance and variety to FMH as it would make the game more enjoyable and realistic, whilst retaining it's playability for those pressed for time.

Edina, I agree. Technology has been around since the moon landing - well the modern one with computers. In 10 years with the iPhone and such the PSP will be 100x better and with a touch screen too I reckon so you will get that substance in the PSP2.

I will let you into a secret, one of them on my list is a simple finance chart that I would like to see and it is perfect to bridge the FM and FMH gap.

If you want you can send me a PM of your Email and I will send you an Email with a link to my forum when it opens on the 1st November?

Edina, I agree. Technology has been around since the moon landing - well the modern one with computers. In 10 years with the iPhone and such the PSP will be 100x better and with a touch screen too I reckon so you will get that substance in the PSP2.

I will let you into a secret, one of them on my list is a simple finance chart that I would like to see and it is perfect to bridge the FM and FMH gap.

If you want you can send me a PM of your Email and I will send you an Email with a link to my forum when it opens on the 1st November?

PM on its way. :thup:

• SI Staff
Dec: I have an original PSP and I think you raise a great point about the substantial increase in memory with PSP2. I love FMH and it's great for someone like me who really enjoys the concept but doesn't have enough time to properly utilise the PC version (I've 2 very young kids). In saying that, I'd still like to see some more substance and variety to FMH as it would make the game more enjoyable and realistic, whilst retaining it's playability for those pressed for time.

Its always going to be a balancing act with the handheld games BUT if you compare todays versions against the original FMH release you'll see quite a bit of depth has been added over the iterations, without costing the series in terms of making them over-complicated or too time consuming for casual play - this is the balance I'll be working on continuing as the series continues to evolve and expand.

The key thing for me is being able to watch the WHOLE match in 2D. That feature alone is going to decide if I buy the 2011 iPhone version or not! I know it is an extreme view but I can't connect with the game without some visual representation. I really have my fingers crossed on this, now that I've finished Angry Birds and am getting through Trainyard I want to play this on the tube :)

Congratulations, you have found one of my top 10 things.

3. Full 2D match

Many FMH players love the 2D pitch but at the moment highlights show little of the match and weak links of a formation and bad players cannot be spotted unless through stats, what is being called for is a whole match so we feel the match and not just like a spectator in which we do at the moment. However, this is going to have an effect on the speed of the game but it will be worth it we hope.

34zgm1i.jpg

Highlights are a beloved feature of FMH, we want more though.

Its always going to be a balancing act with the handheld games BUT if you compare todays versions against the original FMH release you'll see quite a bit of depth has been added over the iterations, without costing the series in terms of making them over-complicated or too time consuming for casual play - this is the balance I'll be working on continuing as the series continues to evolve and expand.

Thanks Marc, agree re the balancing act and perhaps I'm just getting a bit greedy these days as I expect so much from the series, given how excellent it's become. Typical of today's society I guess, always wanting bigger and better :cool:

As an aside, do you think we'll get any snippets on the new additions (or tweaks, as has been suggested) before 5th Nov?

Cheers

• SI Staff
As an aside, do you think we'll get any snippets on the new additions (or tweaks, as has been suggested) before 5th Nov?

No idea, aorry - PR isn't something I'm particularly involved with I'm afraid.

Once things are out in the open I'll be gossiping a lot about things as usual (especially the iPhone game which is my current 'baby') .... but until that happens I'm afraid I've got to keep quiet, sorry (tbh its probably for the best as I'm rather busy with finishing touches on the iPhone game anyway and really need to concentrate as much as possible on getting that polished and completed).

I have successfully got varying PA into the iPhone game so who knows what will happen when my site goes online and I bug Marc to view the list ;).

If I read it right, then Marc had already implemented the PA thing into the game. So technically you didn't get it into the game. I could have misread though.

Archived