The Board are thick!!!

AFC Wimbledon, top of the Premiership in 2025/26 and coasting for the first time ever. I got a new stadium around 12 years ago and it has been slowly built up to 32,000.

Asked for expansion and they said the council will never allow it. Thing is that was what prompted the new stadium 16yrs ago... would they not have bought a site with development potential...

I dont mind really cos it keep the challenge going but it is a little frustrating.

AFC Wimbledon, top of the Premiership in 2025/26 and coasting for the first time ever. I got a new stadium around 12 years ago and it has been slowly built up to 32,000.

Asked for expansion and they said the council will never allow it. Thing is that was what prompted the new stadium 16yrs ago... would they not have bought a site with development potential...

I dont mind really cos it keep the challenge going but it is a little frustrating.

Sounds plausable to me and realistic for the council to say no, remember from the 90's where Merton were the most un-helpful bunch of plonks on the planet earth and helped the demise of the original crazy gang.

No problem with the Council saying no but they said no on the original stadium so the Board built a new one.

My point is that they built a new stadium in an area which again would have restrictions on expansion... very shortsighted.!

Why is it shortsighted, the council is always going to have some planning restriction on future build in place for a new stadium, so that is always going to be there. Then the board is going to look at their plans and say "what is the best option for us considering our future plans and available plots" and pick the one that fits best to both their finances and the current/future hopes for the club.

As you've admitted yourself that now is the first time that AFCWimbledon has had a top season in the premiership, so I'm going to assume that at the time of the build it was a mid-table premiership club at best and a 18k (guess) buildable to 32k stadium fit best with thier future plans and then current finances. A prudent club will not say lets go out and build on a plot with future expansion permission of 100k as a) it would cost a lot (even in the recession) and b) that's a lot of dead land which could have been put to better use.

I think the game engine should decide to automatically offer you the choice of stadium expansion based on a certain timeframe consisting of constant sell-outs. e.g. your stadium is sold out 9 times out of 10 for 10-15 seasons and the borad automatically make the decision to expand. (Do managers IRL request expansion???)

Archived