Feeling the pressure

I've just seen that one of my young players (17) is starting to feel the pressure from the media. I've not seen this before so not too sure what I need to do. I've said that I'm going to give him a rest from matches for a couple of weeks, which he said he wasn't too sure of, but would give it ago.

I have noticed that I've been able to send a player on holiday for a bit, does anyone know why/when this option this comes up? Or if there is anything else I can do?

Thanks!

They will either learn to live with or not. Leaving them out for a few games wont hurt him, It depends on the player. Most of the time you will get something saying he has learnt to live with it after a few month......then get the same message about him finding it hard to deal with the media....etc.

It'd be nice imo to have the option to ban him from any media involvement to shield him from too much scrutiny and publicity. Wasn't Ryan Giggs not allowed to talk to the media, or vice-versa, for example when he was just coming into the man utd first team?

It'd be nice imo to have the option to ban him from any media involvement to shield him from too much scrutiny and publicity. Wasn't Ryan Giggs not allowed to talk to the media, or vice-versa, for example when he was just coming into the man utd first team?

I quite like that idea. Of course, some players love the attention.

I would leave him to get over it but make a mental note that he might be liable to crack under pressure.

I just drop him or at least put him on the bench for 3 or 4 games, its just that youre giving to much 1st team football to someone too young.

Damn, rather annoying as hes one of my best players, set to be a leading Premiership player.

I did notice that when I made a comment about beating Portsmouth (I'm managing Southampton), he said he was pleased I was taking the spot light off him.

Archived