A good idea for future Football manager games

What i thought would be a great idea for future football manager games is, when creating your manager profile before starting a new manager career when you select your personal history e.g. "Profesional footballer" you can customise your playing career history like the clubs you played for and how many appearences you made for them and amount of goals. I also believe you should be able to chose more favorite clubs other than just one.

I really like this idea. I'm a bit sad and do this in my head when I create my manager but it would be really nice to see news items link into your actual history.

I'm not sure about putting in your amount of goals and apps manually but you could setup the clubs you played for and those stats could be generated depending on your position.

Also annother thing i thought about when i check on my players favorite personel list on their "personal" section. Why cant you have one as a manager. E.g if you praise a manager and in return they respond positively and create a friendship with them...they could go into you favorite personel. This is just a general idea and would probly take alot to actualy be put into a football manager game but u thought it aint too much of a bad idea?

I agree we should have more control when creating our manager profiles, especially with favoured teams, personnel and languages.

It would be pretty nice to be able to create a playing history for ourselves or even a coaching career. Started off as youth team coach at X club...etc.

I really like this idea. I'm a bit sad and do this in my head when I create my manager but it would be really nice to see news items link into your actual history.

I'm not sure about putting in your amount of goals and apps manually but you could setup the clubs you played for and those stats could be generated depending on your position.

Nothing sad about that Neji :thup:

I would just like for us to be able to to our Favoured Personnel, Favoured Teams and languages we speak at the begining of the game, i.e when we make our manager profile.

I can't believe we are agreeing again! But this is much needed, I hate the assumption that because I'm English, its the only language I speak.

In terms of people abusing favoured personal by adding loads of people. You could have it like the game offers you the chance to add them when you've met certain criteria. Say so many posotive comments between the club over a certain amount of time, transfer dealings both ways, and then the game says "manager A is eligible to be added to your favoured personnal list, would you like to add them?"

Nothing sad about that Neji :thup:

That's good to know :D

Regarding adding our own favoured personnel, I've never understood the reasoning. Would it actually do anything in the game? I ask because if it doesn't then it's pointless, I already know who I like and who I don't. If it was to be included, I think it would need to be manual and not automatic because the game may get it totally wrong.

That's good to know :D

Regarding adding our own favoured personnel, I've never understood the reasoning. Would it actually do anything in the game? I ask because if it doesn't then it's pointless, I already know who I like and who I don't. If it was to be included, I think it would need to be manual and not automatic because the game may get it totally wrong.

If adding favoured personnel was in then it would have to be more than cosmetic. I just want to be able to 'hate' on Wenger from the word go :D

A nice idea here. I'd assume the managers profile would merge into something more similar to the other non playing staff. The favoured staff, teams and possible previous career details all make some difference to managers decsions in the real world and therefore would make many aspects of the game more realistic.

Could make for some interesting original news items/media questions too.

I don't see how your playing career stats will be beneficial.

I prefer to be one of those managers who never played professionally.

Agree with the languages though, they could at least give you 3 or 4 spaces for languages since most people these days have a 2nd language without having a 2nd nationality.

Archived