Disabling "Real" kit images in FM2011?

Hi all.

One of the most trivial, yet frustrating, things for me of recent FM games is the fact that I have to put up with my team and it's crappy sponsor whenever looking at their shirt.

In FM 2011, will it be easy (ie: not having to edit a load of coding/files) to disable the real kit images within the game, and just have the generic shirts displayed based on their colour/pattern settings?

Cheers :-)

I removed the kits so I only have the generic ones displaying. It's much better. I think all I did was remove the folder that had those kits in. It's easy. Do a search or check the posts in my history, as I can't remember exactly what I did but I do believe I have posted how...quite possibly as much as a year ago :)

You can get rid of the sponsored kits for Championship, league1, league 2, Itallian league...etc

Down load kit packs for these leagues

delete the pngs in the folders while keeping the config.xml files

You'll have the default kits without sponsors

• SI Staff

No, there isn't an option to disable them. Don't know why anyone would want to as it makes things look better when teams have their proper kits IMO.

We're never going to be able to have them for every club.

The issue for me is that kits chop and change and I feel that a nice introduction to the game would be that this happens in game as well.

For instance I am currently managing Man U in 2016 and they still have the black V stripe on their kits which now they don't in real life.

It would be nice for some minor changes to be made maybe each season or every other to keep the game feeling refreshed rather than monotonous.

I also would love to know how to get around this. It isn't a huge problem but one for the long-game player. As someone already said, I would like to have every team just a default looking badge and kit based upon their team colours - not Real Madrid with their logo & kit Vs a LL side with the default badge and kit. Again it's not a huge problem to get into a twist over but I certainly do not agree that kits and badges make the game look better.

Archived