How can I improve my network game?

Hey guys, looking forward to the release of FM11, and like every year the day before its released I always reformat my pc and laptop! but I was wondering about a few other aspects that could improve the speed of the game. Now dont get my wrong it, the speed as it is, is good, but while processing through the days, if it can be sped up, im always all for it.

So my first question is, ive seen lately on the forums of some software called game booster or something, now would that speed up the whole game if im using it, or would it only help if me and my two friends were all using it at the same time, or would it even help at all

Second is, as the host of the game which system would you consider the best.

PC Tower:

Pentium dual core 2.4ghz

4GB ram

512mb graphics card

Windows vista 32mb

Direct connection to internet

Laptop:

Pentium dual core 2.2ghz

4GB ram (with what i suspect an intel chipset shared graphics?)

Windows 7 64bit

Connected wireless but 4 ft away from router

I know that is a very basic description of the two but I dont know exactly what counts for what when it comes to online performace and everything. I know internet speed plays a big part also.

Anyway, thanks for your help

i would stay away from the game booster if i were you and do what the game booster does (shut down redundant proceses) manually, since you dont know exactly what it will shut down. desktop is a better host since it has a dedecated gpu and does not need to invade ram for memory.

could processing be because the other computers are waiting for your other computers to process. cant really say since i've never played a network game

Don't know a lot about computers but they look just about the same spec although maybe the laptop with the newer operating system.

It's also important you have a very good internet connection with a good upload speed to help speed things along. Another thing to look at is ISP's with hidden extras such as peak times off peak times as this may affect the speed of the game.

I do hope FM11 offers a better network experience for those of us who like to play online with friends.

Thanks for your replies. I think the speed of the game for me goes just fine, but like i said, im always up for it moving a long a bit faster if possible.

And yes im not sure with the specs of the two. Although the pc has a faster processor, the laptop has 64bit win 7 which i think will make it faster than the pc, the only advantage is the pc has its own graphics card.

And thats the big question for me also, do all 3 users have to process the info or would it just be me as the host, and then download that data sort of thing

I have been playing online for years with FM and I still do not quite how it all works! :D

The host processes the data which is then passed onto the users but they press continue as normal I think that is how it works.

Archived