FM 2011, looks great but........

As I said, it looks fantastic but I'm so addicted to my current save in FM2010 as Sao Paulo boss as I want to conquer the Copa Libertadores, Brasileirao & World Club Champs before moving on to manage a top euro club and then the ultimate prize, manage Brazil.

It was the same with FM2009, had a mammoth equally addictive save as Leeds boss ''till I upped to FM 2010. I don't see any reason to purchase FM 2011 just yet as I had set certain targets to gain in the current game.

It's all being well releasing a new version every 12 months but I think every two years would a better idea rather than rushing one out every year. No doubt I will look at the forthcoming demo but there is always my current save which I simply can't abandon.

Football Manager is not just a game, it's a way of life. Sometimes beats watching the real game.

What do you thinks chaps?:rolleyes:

As I said, it looks fantastic but I'm so addicted to my current save in FM2010 as Sao Paulo boss as I want to conquer the Copa Libertadores, Brasileirao & World Club Champs before moving on to manage a top euro club and then the ultimate prize, manage Brazil.

It was the same with FM2009, had a mammoth equally addictive save as Leeds boss ''till I upped to FM 2010. I don't see any reason to purchase FM 2011 just yet as I had set certain targets to gain in the current game.

It's all being well releasing a new version every 12 months but I think every two years would a better idea rather than rushing one out every year. No doubt I will look at the forthcoming demo but there is always my current save which I simply can't abandon.

Football Manager is not just a game, it's a way of life. Sometimes beats watching the real game.

What do you thinks chaps?:rolleyes:

I'm finishing bang on schedule.

My aim was to reach the year 2050 and/or 2000 career games before the release of FM11. Should make that figure in the next 3 weeks.

Then it starts all over again.

You just skip one version if you think a new version every two years suits you better. I like the fact that every year we get a new version. I even start a new game after a data update. After a while it gets too repetitive and updated data changes things in the market. If you like playing with smaller nations then FM11 is a must because of the dynamic league reputation. I know im going to try to make Slovenia into a powerhouse :) Hopefully the other clubs get some benefit from your success, and that the bug that caused everyone to buy way too many foreign player is fixed and I also hope that with increased reputation the quality of newgens improves. Currently the newgens generated were far below the standard that real players are at.

I usually wait for the patches and see if there are any huge errors in the match engine. I´m a little bit disappointed with the FM2010 match engine regarding narrow formations and odd substitutions (usually GK even if they are playing well) which takes out some of the real life management that I feel when I play FM, but its still a great game. Besides I have little free time to play the game so my saves tends to last longer then normally would.

If you still have targets for FM10 and are enjoying playing it then there is no need to get FM11. When I got FM10 I wanted to win the EPL and Champions League with Sunderland and take Crewe to at least one EPL title after a few months I decided I wanted to win every continental champions league type competition over one careers. After achieving all of my goals I have now left playing FM10 as there is nothing left for me to do on it. I cannot wait to get my hands on FM11 and start some new challenges.

FM2010 is so good that I'm still playing it - 'til yesterday, when I cleaned the dedicated PC and prepared it to host the new FM2011.

Actually I'm doing researches on the U15 Wolves youth for FM 2012.......

...and i a few weeks it's time to start a new chapter

I'm really enjoying this years football manager, but will still be buying the new one almost as soon as it is out. As others have said, if you still have ambitions/aims on your current save then you could always postpone buying FM11 until you have 'completed' your save

I sort of agree, usually the game isnt playable for 3 months, then we have 6 months of use and then the last 3 months before the next release dont seem worth it.

Theres no way they will change it, theyd knock off something like 1/3rd of their income and it would be financial suicide.

Id like them to skip one year though so it could be released in august in a 100% working state.

Not more rubbish about the game not being playable. With all games there is technical difficulties and bugs, every FM has been playable in the first free months. If FM doesn't work for you there will be a fix or someone from SI will be able to fix your problem. 1 week is probably the longest time the game will not be playable for you.

SI would never release a game that wasn't complete or wouldn't work on some peoples PCs (which are over the minimum specs).

I understand the OP. I'm quite a slow player and the new versions of FM seem to come around too quickly for me.

I also didn't enjoy FM09 at all, so ended up shelving it and playing FM08 for a while last time around. This time, I have found FM10 to be such a great version of the game. Extremely playable, enjoyable, smooth and fun to play. I almost don't want to let go of that just yet. Plus, a new version always means starting from scratch and I feel like I haven't got the energy to do that again just yet.

I've also got so much left to do on my FM10 saves. As I said, I'm a slow player, and I still have quite a lot of challenges left for myself in my two main saves.

SI would need to release a new game every year as they need the money to pay there staff and other costs.

Not against the annual release of the game since it makes a very good business sense for SI to release one of the most popular games every year (and of course things liven up every July/Aug as i wait for the new features) but the staff at SI will not actually starve if they release it once every two years or even a minor "expansion" pack in the second year :)

I dont see why people suggest every two years because they arent ready for the next one ?

Dont buy it and let those of us who want an annual update get our wish !

I get the sentiment though, I personally didnt get into FM10 as much as I could have as I was too into my FM09 game when it came out. However Ive had a break for a few months this year and looking forward to the next one.

Not against the annual release of the game since it makes a very good business sense for SI to release one of the most popular games every year (and of course things liven up every July/Aug as i wait for the new features) but the staff at SI will not actually starve if they release it once every two years or even a minor "expansion" pack in the second year :)

We don't know the exact numbers so it'll be hard to tell if it'll have any effect on the staff. Anyway SEGA wont let this happen any time soon as FM makes a nice profit every year and I believe it's sales rise every year.

We don't know the exact numbers so it'll be hard to tell if it'll have any effect on the staff. Anyway SEGA wont let this happen any time soon as FM makes a nice profit every year and I believe it's sales rise every year.

I dont believe numbers directly affect SI...dont forget that SEGA owns SI rather than the two being in a partnership of some sort. As far as my understanding goes (and i may be horribly wrong here) SEGA gives SI a fixed sum to develop the game and then pockets the profits (at least that is how supposedly game "publishers" work). I do agree the second part though...the "problem" here is capitalism (again not saying its bad) rather than SI facing shortage of money if it does not release a game every year.

I dont believe numbers directly affect SI...dont forget that SEGA owns SI rather than the two being in a partnership of some sort. As far as my understanding goes (and i may be horribly wrong here) SEGA gives SI a fixed sum to develop the game and then pockets the profits (at least that is how supposedly game "publishers" work). I do agree the second part though...the "problem" here is capitalism (again not saying its bad) rather than SI facing shortage of money if it does not release a game every year.

Yes, you may be right about the funding from SEGA.

Archived