Best player's who were never Capped

In my save I've got Sami Khedira playing for me who is the absolute heart of my Hyde United team having won 3 Champions League's on the bounce & 4 Premier League crwon's yet he has NEVER been called up to his country :|

For me he's one of the best player's in the game I can't fathom why he hasn't been capped.

Has anyone else noticed this with any major star's?

Usually, portuguese players that are around 24-25 at the start of the game and haven't been capped, never do in the game. Like Ruben Amorim, Carlos Martins (though he has 5 caps) and Joao Pereira. The game seems to be reluctant in calling to the national squad players that don't have caps but could already have at the date the game starts.

change their nationalities by having them play at your club long enough to take a new nationality then they can be called up for the new nation.

not neccesarily true, if they're "declared for nation" despite the fact they can never get called up they wont be able to play for another nation

Pedro Carerra - Spanish regen on my Havant and Waterlooville FM10 save. Was a goal machine who scored 45 Premier League goals in one season, never capped for Spain.

Although he was capped for England when he gained nationality.

Adam Riley, AMR regen who came up though the leagues with me. Ok, he was only a 2 1/2 star player in the EPL but he was consistently getting ratings of 7+. Team of the season 3 seasons in a row, never capped for England.

There's a few absolutely amazing regens who've never been capped on my game, English ones mainly. I've looked on Genie scout and some of them are in the 180-200 CA range, but have never been capped. I could change that, being the England manager, but I've got my squad and I'm happy with it.

Archived