who will you sign first?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So now im supposed to search and provide links rather than the OP search first for relevant threads. How does that work?

I read your post and searched for the other one and couldn't find it which is why I asked for a link so I/we could point the user in the right direction and this one could be closed.

Providing a link is a million more times helpful than just saying there is already another thread anyway.

To be honest I don't know. As it is the demo and only 6 months then I may sign a big name - just for the sake of buying a big name player - as I am just testing the water with the demo. I will be Barcelona - so finances may be a stumbling block!!!! And I will obviously use the demo to scout the next batch of future stars!!!!

I read your post and searched for the other one and couldn't find it which is why I asked for a link so I/we could point the user in the right direction and this one could be closed.

Providing a link is a million more times helpful than just saying there is already another thread anyway.

Im not trying to be funny. I was just asking a question. Im sure there has already been threads on who people will buy or manage in the new game. Im sure you have probably seen them aswell. Thats all im saying. I shouldt have to provide links just to prove a point. The OP should search before making threads. And also if your a MOD for GD then surely you must have come across these threads already just as I have and your probably in a better position to provide links than me. Just a thought :thup:

Having spent quite alot of time on here the past couple of weeks I have not seen a single thread like this one. There has been a thread along the lines of 'who the future stars will be' but not a 'who will you sign first' thread.

And as you can see the thread was a duplicate, i.e. a double thread post my mistake. No harm done!

Having spent quite alot of time on here the past couple of weeks I have not seen a single thread like this one. There has been a thread along the lines of 'who the future stars will be' but not a ,who will you sign first' thread.

And as you can see the thread was a duplicate, i.e. a double thread post my mistake. No harm done!

Im not saying its here. Maybe in the GPTG forum. All im saying is im sure ive come across a thread of this type before somewhere.

I shouldt have to provide links just to prove a point. The OP should search before making threads.

I'm not asking you to prove a point, it's simply helpful if you provide a link. My point was that I have seen a thread like this but I couldn't find it, so what chance does someone who hasn't seen the thread have? There's little point in me closing this thread if I can't even find the right thread to point the OP towards. There's little point in situations like this in just posting that there is already a thread unless you can find it and link to it.

And also if your a MOD for GD then surely you must have come across these threads already just as I have and your probably in a better position to provide links than me. Just a thought :thup:

I'd happily provide it if I could find it.

I'm not asking you to prove a point, it's simply helpful if you provide a link. My point was that I have seen a thread like this but I couldn't find it, so what chance does someone who hasn't seen the thread have? There's little point in me closing this thread if I can't even find the right thread to point the OP towards. There's little point in situations like this in just posting that there is already a thread unless you can find it and link to it.

I'd happily provide it if I could find it.

Ok I see what your saying. Fair point. Sorry

In the demo I will take over Spurs. Without obviously scouring the game I would think of signing a top class striker. Spurs could also do with a new right back, although that depends on how good Corluka and Kaboul are in the game

Probably not too much different from FM10. Its not like they was underrated before and dont really warrant that much of a rise IMO

I don't think the person was calling you an arse, more your attitude was acting like an arse!!! :eek::p

I suppose how it could be seen that way but that wasnt my intention. Its hard to make your point when somebody is reading rather than hearing. If somebody takes it the wrong way then your screwed. Hence my last unfair warning :thdn:

Probably not too much different from FM10. Its not like they was underrated before and dont really warrant that much of a rise IMO

I completley agree. I think both were good in FM10 so my only concern was that they would be made worse as in real life the right back spot is one of the weaker areas of the Spurs squad.

I completley agree. I think both were good in FM10 so my only concern was that they would be made worse as in real life the right back spot is one of the weaker areas of the Spurs squad.

This is where its all relative though. Even though RB might be the weakest area in the Spurs team, that dosnt mean the RB is bad. He's still probably one of the top RB's in the Premier League so it would be unfair to make him that bad where he NEEDS to be replaced. Obviously if you want to IMPROVE the squad then it would be the key area but its not bad considering everythig else.

Im not saying that you think he's bad BTW. Just my opinion

i'll be going arsenal, so i'll either go for another striker, or a good midfielder since i usually ship off the injury prone players. hope almunia wont be as dreadful as he is in real life or else thats another position to improve xD

This is where its all relative though. Even though RB might be the weakest area in the Spurs team, that dosnt mean the RB is bad. He's still probably one of the top RB's in the Premier League so it would be unfair to make him that bad where he NEEDS to be replaced. Obviously if you want to IMPROVE the squad then it would be the key area but its not bad considering everythig else.

Im not saying that you think he's bad BTW. Just my opinion

Again I agree, just obviously if their stats have been made worse for any reason at all, I would probably look at getting a better right back in.

To improve the Spurs squad I would think a new RB and new striker would be the 1st things on the list....again this is all without having seen the FM11 spurs squad...so its all hear say :)

I'll probably be Liverpool, and looking at the squad, I'll probably be investing in a Central midfielder or a Left back. Can't say who, as that depends who's going to be available for the right price.

Not sure about the centre of midfield but they definitely need better full backs. Another area that needs strengthening is in the striking department. I'll probably go with Liverpool as my first game as well. I will look for players with similar stats to Torres but hopefully a lot cheaper because I plan to do the unthinkable and sell Torres asap. He's a great striker but far too injury prone for my liking.

Ok I see what your saying. Fair point. Sorry

No worries :thup:

Anyway, can't really say who I'll buy because I tend to start unemployed and take the first job offered to me. No doubt that it will be a free transfer whoever it is!

In the demo I will take over Spurs. Without obviously scouring the game I would think of signing a top class striker. Spurs could also do with a new right back, although that depends on how good Corluka and Kaboul are in the game

Yeah, the glorious Spurs, in real life, are desperate for a proper striker. At Spurs my priority will be, in this order, CF, CB, CM. Thats what we need in real life and in game too. Hopefully Hutton will be able to improve with the right training, as Corluka is way too slow and unagile to be ever be a top RB.

But i'll turn the transfers off pre-season anyway so everyone is on a level playing field.

But i'll be scouting Suarez for a big money summer bid, and a cheapish cm, and upcoming Cb. Bo*****ocks to Gallas

I'll be Liverpool and first buy will hopefully be Turan, Need a winger and then fullbacks and a striker (Lukaku first choice for his age an dability. will be happy to play second fiddle to Torres while he developes)

I have never played the demo, I usually wait for the game to get to the last patch before I dive in these days, as I dislike starting the game to get the benefits of the improvements or final match engine version.

BUT, I think I will be having a nosey at the demo this year.

My hope is the the HULK is as awesome on this version for me as he was on FM10. He regularly won a host of awards while playing for my Newcastle side, including World Player of the Year. So I will be signing him if I can.

As it is only six months I will take one of the big teams and play them.

Archived