Offering new contracts to us managers.

Hello, got a suggestion...or something like that.

As a successful AC Milan manager, when the chairman offers me a new contract for say 70k a week, Im always left sort of thinking "if this was real life, then 70k a week is a good incentive to sign, but this isnt and it is of no gain whatsoever to me, I could easily do this for free". Fair enough, when a different team offers you a job, the transfer funds are included. But this is my current team, so shouldnt the developers maybe try and include something? Im not too sure what it is they could or would include, but I am sure they could find something.

Any suggestions as to what they could do?

:thup: agreed. With it being purely cosmetic it is of no relevance whatsoever to the decision to accept/reject a job other than by accepting the lowest amount possible you would obviously reduce your sides costs by that amount - which again, is completely false logic.

No idea what might solve it - certainly don't fancy any of the fifa manager "life outside football" things to spend it on

Wages aren't pointless, they give you job security. It's also unrealistic that a manager would work for nothing.

also I believe it adds to the fact that the manager's wages need to be included in the wage budget.

Although I agree that the manager salary is purely cosmetic, maybe for the next FM, the human manager could ask for stipulations before signing a new contract. For example, asking the board for a new stadium as part of a new contract, expanding or building a youth academy, etc. Basically what we can normally ask the board for, but being part of a contract would make it binding, so if they agree to build a new stadium when you sign the deal, they have to build a new stadium. As for the football academies, maybe we could request ones to be built in different countries once the club has its own at home (probably gonna get bashed for this, but similar to what they have in FIFA manager). One last thing, after you have been with a club for a while (say 5-10 years), maybe there can be an option to buy shares in the club (assuming it is a PLC)

On this point, one of my biggest gripes in this game is the way the board react when you're offered a job elsewhere. Several times I've had clubs approach to sign me, offering a contract. At that point, it's natural to approach the board of your current club to see whether they are willing to renegotiate your contract to the same or better terms as you've just been offered, or at least, make up some of the difference. The boards in this game don't seem to even consider entertaining a negotiation unless you're right at the end of your current contract, no matter what's going on outside. Bit disappointing really. Ok, so as mentioned, it doesn't actually matter what salary you get, but to me, it does. :p

Archived