How long have you been without a job.

I just started a new game ( a pointless effort considering the new game will be out in less than a month) I am a sunday league foootballer with about 8 nations selected with lower leagues selected. almost into february, so im thinking im not gonna get a job until the end of the season now.. Is this a common feature? I remeber in 09' it was really easy to get a job starting as unemployed.

What lower leagues have you selected?

It could be their reputation isn't low enough for "Sunday League" in which case using "Semi-Pro" or even "Automatic" would have been better.

If you don't get offered one at the end of the season the best thing would be to add a new manager and select a team if you don't want to restart.

With Sunday League Rep I've found that it's incredibly hard to get a job, even with really small teams. Semi-pro is the way to go. :thup:

I think you can get lucky. I started with Sunday League, and got a job with Airdrie United a couple of months into the season. They're at the bottom of Scottish League 1, but I'm into my third year with them and I've enjoyed some success - getting to the semi-final of the Scottish Cup (FA Cup equivalent) was a highlight in my second season.

You do get turned down a lot at the start, though - even for Blue Square jobs. You're probably right that Semi-Pro gets rid of that initial frustration.

When starting a career thread with a sunday league rep I often have to holiday all season applying for all jobs. I normally get offered a job at a newly promoted BSN/BSS club in the next season, who have no staff and no playing staff. The challenge then starts there!

Archived