Dynamic League Rep. ??

I think you are confused about DLR.

DLR means that if a few clubs from a given league get a lot/fair amount of success, Then many people will start to notice it. Big players will want to play there, more TV, fans & revenue, more attendence, all over development of league etcetc.

In order for DLR to work will we need to load an awful lot of leagues ?? Will we not need to select leagues coz we can manage anywhere ??

DLR will work, no matter how many countries you load. But it will slant toward the countries you do load. Since loaded leagues tend to perform better, the countries they are in will, over time, get higher reps.

They can't. It's the nature of the beast. Loaded countries are more active in the transfer market...they need to be, because unloaded countries would eat processing speed to the point they might as well be loaded. Loaded countries also get more/better newgens, for the same reason. Loaded countries have an AI perusing their every detail, and a flawed AI is surely better than no AI at all. Mind, I know unloaded countries are still transferring players and making newgens, but not as much and not as well as unloaded ones. I screwed up my long-term game in FM10 by not loading Spain, and I've seen this in action. The best teams in England, Italy, France, and Germany reguarly beat Real Madrid and Barca...it's been ten years since either of them made the semis in the Champs League.

Putting some countries in as View Only might well help spread the wealth a bit, but only the ones that are playable will emerge on top, because they are the ones being actively "controlled."

One thing I am intersted about is; while the reputation of a league will increase; is there any knock on effect on the country that hosts the league itself too?

Will it increase the quality of domestic players coming up through the youth systems? Will investment levels increase? There is more than one variable that effects investment, popularity and player quality for a specific country and I just wonder if that is taken into account.

I'd hate to boost a league only to find I'm having to rely on top quality foreigners while the domestic player stock still stay the same.

One thing I am intersted about is; while the reputation of a league will increase; is there any knock on effect on the country that hosts the league itself too?

Will it increase the quality of domestic players coming up through the youth systems? Will investment levels increase? There is more than one variable that effects investment, popularity and player quality for a specific country and I just wonder if that is taken into account.

I'd hate to boost a league only to find I'm having to rely on top quality foreigners while the domestic player stock still stay the same.

I would like to hope that as the league's reputation increases, the AI sides would begin to improve facilities etc and therefore amongst other things, better newgens turn up. Guess only actually playing a long career save will provide the answer but, based on what I plan to do for my save, I hope it has been addressed.

I'm hoping it improves a countries player quality and national reputation, be quite silly, if after 100 years, Andorra (extreme example) have the best domestic teams, yet the national team is still considered as the international whipping boys because of their low rep and poor quality

DLR will work, no matter how many countries you load. But it will slant toward the countries you do load. Since loaded leagues tend to perform better, the countries they are in will, over time, get higher reps.

This touches on a pretty serious concern for me.

I really hope that DLR does not lead to your league growing and growing in stature as it is usually more successful in relation to others than it should anyway. DLR could severe this problem seriously.

And I really fear that this exactly is what's going to happen. SI have overdone most features when introducing them :(

Sounds like most people are presuming we'll see these changes quite quickly

Hasn't Miles already said 90% of the player base won't really notice any major changes? It's more for those doing really long term saves (ie. 20+ seasons)

Of course, jayahr does bring up a good point, SI do have a habit of overdoing some things, so it's possible we'll see the effects faster than intended on release

Ah, the anti-DLR backlash has begun...

Not if you refer to me.

DLR is great if it works and perfectly realistic as you can see only by looking at the small rise of the Bundesliga and the decline of Serie A over the last 5 years, but if not done properly it can easily do a lot of harm as well.

And after seeing how much impact other new features had when being introduced I just fear that there is some likelihood that DLR will cause more changes than we see irl, especially combined with the old and existing problem of active leagues overperforming compared to rl.

If it's done in the way Miles suggested according to the post above you, then it would be just right and an absolutely great addition to the game. :thup:

Just if not, it'll be a pain in the arse.

I think a lot of people are expecting meteoric rises in league reps, I doubt this will happen. Think of what Lyon have done in Europe in the last 10 years, but I don't think anyone really sees French football as any stronger a league as a result. It'll probably take a couple of decades minimum before smaller leagues are up there competing with the big leagues.

The benefits of this are two-fold. One is that you do get those small changes that take place when you have a multi-year career (or the major changes in a multi-decade career). The other is that if you are one talented player who has taken an Icelandic club to Champions League glory in two years, then hopefully there will be a pretty major change for Iceland, whatever would mathematically be the case if that were to somehow happen in real life.

As has been intimated elsewhere, it's going to take a massive effort to make a smaller nations rep bigger than one of the currently dominating leagues, so I'm not expecting anything major for maybe 40/50 seasons plus - or at least that's what my target is without any knowledge of the game yet. But I think if you play long enough, it won't be that hard to move your low rep league above the nations ranked alongside it at the start of the game, It's going to be the last big push that I think will be the hardest to crack.

Yes, there should be knock on effects.

If clubs are doing better in the Champions League, their revenues will increase. This will enable them to build better facilities. Currently, the two factors that affect player production are club rep and facilities, so if club reps are increasing and facilities are improving, player quality will improve.

I'm hoping it improves a countries player quality and national reputation, be quite silly, if after 100 years, Andorra (extreme example) have the best domestic teams, yet the national team is still considered as the international whipping boys because of their low rep and poor quality

As above really, increased investment and reputation will lead to better players. However, Andorra will probably be limited by population, for example.

Archived