What is the Wierdest Thing You've Done Whilst Playing FM?

Keep starting games in the same league or as the same team. Now started in Paraguay as Penarol 4 seasons running having my second best FM game ever! (First was a Juve save in 2001). Just staying in the same league/country make you forget all the great smaller leagues/quirky rules/tournaments and players!

I once took a zebra from behind while changing formation, was epic at the time... think it is on Youtube.

:confused: ???????

i once got a hot dog roll and put my private part in there topped with kethcup and asked my misus if she wnated a hot dog as i caught her glancing at the screen during a match. she now hates hot dogs

Oh God. That is sick. :eek:

Ok, somethings in this thread really are Wierd, such as the hotdog thing.

But the wearing the suits made me lol. :D

I guess the wierdest thing i've done, is play goal music on windows media player everytime my team scored at home. [back in the CM03/04 days]

Oh and on rare occasions i've read out the halftime scores from my League at halftime, like you would hear over the PA system at a real match. Sad but true.

Back in 2003 I had a few years in the US and my roomates just couldn't understand my addiction to watching dots move around the screen for hours on end after work (first 2d match engine i think) but the weirdest thing I had during FM time was back then. My PC was right under the window in our trailer and our redneck lesbian neighbours just happened to have a bedroom window straight across from it.......with no curtains, nothing. Every single time I boot up FM it makes me remember some of the horrible scenes I had to witness. These women were the last couple you would want to see playing bedroom sports. I guess this just shows much much I love FM....

I once put on a suit and tie and then sat infront of FM for the FA cup final.

I did the same with the FA Trophy Final in FM06 after reading about the idea here.

I have also done fake interviews where I answer questions out loud in a Scottish accent. I usually do this while on the throne or in the shower at home.

Reading the fulltime scores of the games like the old bloke does on Soccer Saturday.

Playing FM on the bog, whilst grinning and murmering the words 'Ooooh yes, thats a belter.' (for both a goal or a No.2)

Doing a Rafa sty'lee frantically scrawling on a notepad like a drunk 5 year old trying to work out new tactics/formations when my team are losing.

Getting frustrated with the game, throwing the IR mouse and/or appliance remote controls out of the window from my 3 storey house and denting the roof of my car.

Threatening failing players by looking at their profile and flicking their ears on their picture on the screen.

Converse with my girlfriend.

well one time i remember i was playing a game and i had to go to the bathroom so what i did was put a mirror that reflecs my desktop so i was in the toilet watching the game in the mirror hahaha that was way back in Cm 01/02

Not weird I suppose but I always play the Champions League anthem before every CL match. Makes it a lot cooler I should add.

I do the same.

As for other items:

* My cat likes to sit on my shoulder and watch the little men run around.

* The BJ thing has occurred over the years....it gets my attention at least.

* I will wear the jersey of the team I am playing......I also will buy the jersey of a team I am playing if I don't already have one.

Locked myself in the toilet so that my wife wouldn't bother me as I played the last few games of a relegation battle with St. Albans City in the Championship on FM07.

I presume my wife thought I was constipated. Or worse.

The important thing was that we stayed up by one point thanks to a win away at Millwall on the last day of the season! :p

After I won the Euro Cup with Gateshead I did a television interview on Skype with a friend...who thankfully was rather inebriated at the time

This is after I spent the entire game standing up, swearing at the referee, waving my arms and telling Gary Madine I was retraining him as a central defender if he didn't score.

When the whistle went I applauded all 4 corners of the room, shook hands with the opposing manager and staff

You mean Uruguay, don't you?

I'm South American and I don't know about a paraguayan Peñarol

Yep sorry I meant Uruguay lol. Just about to start my fifth season now. Really enjoyed the Uruguayan First Division and how it works in stages and then a playoff. The maximum of three foreign players in a match is a little difficult though :p

i couldn't handle the penalty shootout against man city with my magnificent Real Sociedad in a CL final so i took a dump, when i came back i had won 5-3.

I've done that a few times during regular matches. Just put it on full match mode and go take care of business.

As I am drinking once again on a Friday night, I should add that I have had many interesting FM experiences while drunk/hungover.

I sometimes think of myself as IRL the guy who trains in the game... and answering questions in different press conferences. Sure, I do this while I am traveling by bus, train, while I am in the shower, while I am eating.. so in moments I usually don't do anything else, but now that I look at what others do, I realize I am not that crazy :))

Archived