Loan system - lower leagues

Does anyone know if the loan system has had any development for FM11 ? The loan system is a major part of the game now in the lower leagues, we based out team on loans last year (for all the good it did us!)

I always play as Southend and what has been pleasing over the last couple of versions is there a lot more loans appearing in the game in the lower leagues.

I do think they could go further regarding short term cover loans though.

Many loans seem to be long term, whereas in reality a large portion of loans in the bottom two divisions are short term, sometimes only a month.

For example this season at Southend we have loaned Timlin just to cover Craig Eastons injury and the loan is a month, I dont recall seeing many like this in game.

I also think most of the loans in the game are young players and rarely see older players loaned, which whilst young players are loaned more than older players you do get some loaned around for emergency cover.

It is fair to say that managers in lower leagues during the last few seasons to a greater extent have been trying to secure players on loan deals and this has clearly been reflected in the game.

My general impression, by the way, is that this trend already has halted somewhat. I don't believe we'll see extreme examples like that of Hereford 08/09, Norwich 08/09 and Lincoln 09/10 again - clubs with 10-15 loan players during the season. It remains to be seen, but I believe to perceive signals from clubs that they will do more to restrict the numbers of loan players they're signing, so I suggest that SI keep attention on the general development of this issue.

I think we will see it continue.

At Southend we loaned about 20 players last season due to our financial restrictions and there will always be teams struggling financially. Even this year when we are stable we have used the loan system 6 times or so.

Additionally top tier teams now have a 25 player limit so they arent able to keep such big squads.

Theres also the fact that many teams are now getting around the transfer window by loaning until the windows open.

The loan system is probably more key to the lower divisions these days than the transfer system so I hope it continues to get developed.

Hereford 07/08 was ridiculous.

I think they had about 13 loan players on their books over the season, and played 5 a game without fail, and then Turnip had a hissy fit when we nicked one of them off him (Super Stevie Gleeson! - who went on to score THAT goal to take us to Wembley)

Beating them 1-0 at Edgar Street that season when they basically played a Championship Select XI was one of the finest away victories I've ever seen.

i think it should be in the game more. most league 1 and league 2 sides loan at least 5 players a season, if not more. on the game most only loan about 3 at the most. as a leicester fan i know when we were in league 1 we loaned 10+ players over the course of the season. for most clubs with low finances, it helps them keep the squad going

Archived