Player attributes/database question [iPhone]

While dealing with my France-transfer issue (posted in the iPhone bugs thread), I noticed that certain players had 2 sets of starting attributes--one when loading up England, another when loading up in France/Spain/Scotland (and perhaps others--I lost track while trying to sort out the France-transfer issue). For example, in the England games Sergio Canales would load with 19 for creativity; with any other country he had a 13. Is there a reason for this discrepancy? I thought (and confirmed by re-reading a few threads) that players are pulled from the PC database. Some minor variance between games I would understand, but that doesn't seem to be what's going on here.

• SI Staff

Some players in the master game database won't have attributes filled in totally - as such they will be randomly determined upon game startup on the PC game.

The FMHi game 'exports' its database from a customised version of FM PC so these players will have such attributes randomly setup according to how the PC game determined them during that extraction.

(so this is normal within certain parameters)

Thanks, Marc. I definitely understand the random attributes issue, but it seems as if I'm pulling from 2 databases which doesn't make sense. I guess the consistent, yet different, numbers depending on which leagues are active could have been completely luck-of-the-draw, but it seems unlikely. I will see if I can replicate/get screenshots, although it will probably be a few days.

• SI Staff
Thanks, Marc. I definitely understand the random attributes issue, but it seems as if I'm pulling from 2 databases which doesn't make sense. I guess the consistent, yet different, numbers depending on which leagues are active could have been completely luck-of-the-draw, but it seems unlikely. I will see if I can replicate/get screenshots, although it will probably be a few days.

You will get 'consistent' but different numbers (on different league startups) because of how FMHi works - the devices FMH runs on don't have the processing power to strip and fill in the database each time the game is run - thus the databases are created using FM PC and 'pre-filled' according to the logic in that game.

Thus the extractions for different leagues might have slightly different details for individual players where a researcher hasn't entered a value and the FM PC game has made the decision.

• SI Staff
One hell of a game, btw...more addictive than FM2010! Can't wait for the 2011 version.

Glad you're enjoying it - the 2011 game is evolving along nicely, I'm rather impatient to be able to gossip about it ... but until closer to release unfortunately I'm sworn to silence .....

Archived