Looking for talent

Hi, i was wondering how you are finding newgens that are world class? I have been checking some players that my scouts have been reporting to be a leading premier league player in the future, only to find that his PA is below 150.. Do i look for certain skills and how high they are or should i continue listening to my scouts?

Ok, that brings me to another question. Why doesnt my scouts find alot of the talents? i.ex i often find players in the national u18/y21 teams my scouts manage to miss, talents that looks solid. I do understand that not every player could be spotted, but when they get selected for their national side, my scouts should be able to make a report for me.. is there anything else besides juding player ability and potential my scouts should posses?

Well it could also depend on where they play. If you find an english U21 player and he plays in Barcelona's youth squad, you locally based scouts aren't gonna find him. But a good way to scout new talent is to let the scouts loose on an U-championships going on, either U21 Euro champs or World champs. That way he should hopefully not miss any players. To be sure, you could send a few of your scouts there.

I mainly use my scouts, and have them scouting different parts of the World.

But what i tend to do sometimes, is click Overview- General Overview on the Squad screen. And click through random clubs like Real Madrid/AC Milan etc. Looking at players valuations.

If you see some players with a £20+ million value, i click on their profile and have a cheeky look.

I've found some top qaulity regens doing this. :thup:

Not that i've been able to sign most of them, but they are on my shortlist, waiting for the day i can sign them. :D

good scouts do find some good talents but i think alot of the scouting u have to do youself, i usually play a game with player masking off and find my own players.....i have some youngsters that have attributes that look really good across the board and scout report will only say championship or league 1 level, but for a player with really basic ratings they may say has potential to be as good as rooney when they are clearly gonna be the next michael ricketts or worse. ive played games before and actually scrapped the scouts altogether especially at small clubs because they wont allow u to do hardly any scouting anyway.

If you want to trawl the youth squads of teams for regens, the editor is your friend - use it to prioritise clubs with large reputations, a youth academy and good youth facilities. Personally I think that approach is 'under-hand', but it's your game and your rules mate.

Someone once posted dates that all of the newgens are created for the various leagues. I use that and literally look at every youth player in every team whose newgens arrive at that date. Sometimes I scout them and see what gets said but as a generalisation I tend to go with the attributes I can see and make a judgment call based on the players attributes. You do mess up every now and again but I'm usually able to pick up a few future stars. Other than that - use genie scout or fmrte

I have a search filter set up to bring up under 17's with a value more than £2.5m. I check this a few times in the season and once i check out their stats, I will decide if it is worth scouting them.

I have found shed loads of very good players this way and they are all now starting to push for regular first team places. I find at least two or three a year who have excellent stats for an under 17 - three now are in my starting line up.

Archived