Developing players....

I have been playing FM (and before CM) for many years. One aspect of my game i want to improve is developing players. I haven't had that much experience doing this, especially with younger players. I have bought Lukaku in my Liverpool save and would like to develop him correctly. I'm already playing him ~30 mins a game. Is this a good idea? What training should I use? Any other suggestions?

I have been playing FM (and before CM) for many years. One aspect of my game i want to improve is developing players. I haven't had that much experience doing this, especially with younger players. I have bought Lukaku in my Liverpool save and would like to develop him correctly. I'm already playing him ~30 mins a game. Is this a good idea? What training should I use? Any other suggestions?

Lukaku can be a first teamer in Loserpool. Will feed Torres all day.

Generally give youth players first team games. Especially in the cups.

Evaluate whether he can get him into the starting 11, and if not, send him out on loan for the season.

Tutor him with an experienced player. Improves mental/hidden stats and passes over ppm's

Tutor him with an experienced player. Improves mental/hidden stats and passes over ppm's

Just remember that just because he is experienced, doesn't make him a good tutor. The tutor has to have good mental stats, or he could actually worsen the youngster's stats.

Archived