no profit from commercial feederclubs?

I'm playing as a belgian subtop-club (zulte-waregem), i'm halfway my 5th season (december 2013). i have to commercial feederclubs: puerto rico (vs) (2012), and Nanchang (china) (may 2013). But i barely make money out of them with merchandise sale. I pay them both a million, but when i take a look at my merchandise sale, previous season(2012-2013) it was 300K. Compared to the start of the game, my income from merchandise has doubled from 10-15k a month to 35k a month). But i feel this more to do with becoming champions two times, then my feeder clubs. And from the previous versions, such clubs were big money makers. What's going wrong?

You need to sign high profile players to make money from your feeder clubs.
this spot on, you will get increased sales in shirts etc with the commercial link when you sign bigger names

Generally yes.

1-2 years ago I read a good post where Lyssien (IIRC. Forgive me if I'm wrongly crediting someone) ran a few of his 'respected' tests on this. He concluded that whoever your commercial feeder is, they act as a multiplier in an equation with the sum you spend on players. Only that - not friendlies in Japan with your commercial link, or players loaned to them, or players bought from that country, or whatever else. The amounts you've spent on players that season only. So if you buy players with bigger reputations then they'll generally be more expensive and this will be reflected in your merchandising. But it's not solely their reputation that's having that effect. Equally you could buy 2 players with national reputations for £14m and you should see a slightly higher merchandising income than if you'd bought a player with a continental rep for £13m.

I've not looked at this personally, but I trust Lyssien (if it someone else, then at the time I recognised them as savy enough). If somebody could disprove that then I suppose it'd be useful - it'd only take someone with the necessary save history to check it out, factoring in dates for commercial links and money spent on transfers in those years.

existenz - how much have you spent on player transfers in 2012/13?

Not much, i'm a real cheapskate (or whatever it's called). I always try to get players with their contract ending, or i buy very young potential stars. for 2012-2013 i spend 850K, and in 2013-2014 i spend 600K (and received 1.5M for a player), while i had a budget of 25M. I'm not the type of person to spend 50M for the new Kaka, i'm the person trying to find the new Kaka before everyone else does :p Splashing the cash achievemet is something i'll probably won't get

I just made it trough the CL-group stage (benfica, galatasaray and chelsea), and now i'm in the knockout stage against barca. the first belgian club in 10 years :p

1-2 years ago I read a good post where Lyssien (IIRC. Forgive me if I'm wrongly crediting someone) ran a few of his 'respected' tests on this. He concluded that whoever your commercial feeder is, they act as a multiplier in an equation with the sum you spend on players. Only that - not friendlies in Japan with your commercial link, or players loaned to them, or players bought from that country, or whatever else. The amounts you've spent on players that season only. So if you buy players with bigger reputations then they'll generally be more expensive and this will be reflected in your merchandising. But it's not solely their reputation that's having that effect. Equally you could buy 2 players with national reputations for £14m and you should see a slightly higher merchandising income than if you'd bought a player with a continental rep for £13m.

I've not looked at this personally, but I trust Lyssien (if it someone else, then at the time I recognised them as savy enough). If somebody could disprove that then I suppose it'd be useful - it'd only take someone with the necessary save history to check it out, factoring in dates for commercial links and money spent on transfers in those years.

If this is the case then that's something I never knew that will have a massive effect on my games - thanks guys

Generally yes.

It wasn't Lyssien, it was swisso.

Cool. I wasn't sure.

Have you noticed this to be the case in your saves?

I haven't really paid attention. The only save I had with a big club was with Chelsea under the transfer embargo, so I haven't had a chance to check :p

Archived