Managerial sabatical

It's a possible option I suppose - but I imagine these things are normally done in negotiation with the board and they would only allow that kind of thing to happen if you were a really proven manager who was a favoured personnel and they wanted you to stay no matter what. Or just go on holiday and hope you're ass man is good!

cough Ferguson cough dario gradi cough cough eurgh I should really quit smoking.

Now you name somebody who has stayed employed, but basically done nothing for a whole year, and then come back to the same club to continue managing.

Yes, but then your useless ass man ruins your painstakingly crafted 20+ year masterpiece and your board hold you responsible. I know it's exceedingly rare, but so are multiple decade long managerial reigns.

Surely the same thing would happen if you went on a sabbatical for a year? Who do you reckon would take over?

Go on holiday for a year?

I actually did that once Fraz with Man United. Thankfully I never got the sack because I had a good backroom staff and somehow the club managed to win the FA Cup and Champions League.

Yes, but then your useless ass man ruins your painstakingly crafted 20+ year masterpiece and your board hold you responsible. I know it's exceedingly rare, but so are multiple decade long managerial reigns.

just go on goliday for a season and let the game know for the game to use your tactics & to use the lineup you selected as uch as possible andnot to buy or sell. easy

And Martin O'Neill took a season off to look after his ailing wife

I really dont think this should be introduced into the game. This doesnt happen in real life football management. A lot can happen to a club in a year. Players and club structures change for both the good and bad. Also, what if in your year off your replacement has won the league? Why would the club want to reinstate you?

As a cheat alternative, you could just go on holiday ?

Or if football management is stressing you out, just put it back in the box and don't play it for a year, then pick up where you left off. That's the beauty of FM, time doesn't have to continue if you don't want it to.

Archived