Ambidextrous footballers...

How much do you think this has the ability to improve certain footballers in certain positions. Being able to use both feet in df, mf anf attack must be of huge benefit. However does it increase their capability so much that a ambidextrous footballer with lower stats is better to buy than one with better stats?

P.S. Obviously i don't mean hugely different stats.

Do a search, its worth a huge amount.

It would be almost impossible to exclude all infecting variables from the experiement; unless you have laod of dosh to waste (coincidentaly i also have, isn't inheritance a right BITCH?") lol.

Anyway if you could expend on your "search idea" i would be extremely appreciative,

Its more important for attacking players especially wingers/AMCs that run at the opposition.

Of much lesser importance for defenders.

IMO its worth around a couple of points on attacking players but on defenders not worth considering.

in the other hand, i'm pretty sure it isn't

I'm ambidextrous on hands and feet, as in it literally makes no difference what han i use to write/hit/kick etc except writing with my left smudges my fountain pen and being able to kick off both feet in rugby is essential for a fullback. If the team doesn't have one ambi, then they need to shoe heel in a left footed kicker it's that important, imo anyway. I played rugby for about 10 years and when i realised how ambidextrous i was i used to toy with opponents. Footbellers would an awful lot more.

I think it is as important in all positions except goalkeeper. A defender able to tackle/clear with either feet is invaluable. A midfielder able to choose either direction to go and have the opposition know this is invaluable. A striker able to shoot eassily aswell with each foot is just as valuable; faking to shoot on one foot then suddenly slamming it home with the other with the keeper in the other side of the net, along with his whole defence except the right/left back. A winger able to swap sides and dribble/cross/pass with either foot just aswell is just as valuable. Especially when it comes to dribbling at opponents. Defensive midfielders, expecially those that are not just blockers are invaluable with two feet as good as each other. The defence never knows which way the ball will come and where the attack will start, or be directed to.

My only acception is goalkeepers because they generally have more than enough time to position themselves onto their right side and clear accordingly. If they are rushed they simply smash the ball as hard as they can with their right foot towards the touchline in hope of getting an opposition throw in as far up the pitch as possible. Or even if he is lucky to have it dribble right up to the bye line and have the opposition left back have to track it back then suddenly clear it, giving them posession far up field.

Agree with Dirty Harry. In my opinion, a two footed player is a more naturally talented player. It implies to me that the player is comfortable on the ball. That is the ideal for every position (except maybe goalie).

Other aspects can be coached but it does help when a player is competent no matter which side the ball arrives at him. The game is called football for a reason.

Archived