Liverpool takeover in FM 2011?

I've been reading recent news about the posible takeover of Liverpool by the NESV (owners of Boston Red Sox)

So if the takeover completes (they talk about one week time to complete it) will the new board be in charge of Liverpool for FM 2011 in November 5th?? just want to know if SI will considerate this for the release date or wait till the first patch come out?

PS: IMO it's a reallly good challenge to start 2010-2011 with Liverpool's new board in charge (+ tranfer funds, new stadium, etc.) and the poor squad they actually have.

I think the new owners if it happens will be in the game straight away but the new stadium will not be, although they have said they will be building one surely there would need to be more than just his word for it.

The best would be if the takeover it's only scheduled to a certain date in October, when you start in July 2010, so you can't make big transfers in the summer window and have to wait until winter to start the real rebuilding of this team.

Of course you can just untick the "Allow tranfers in first window" and start the season with the new board, but it would be great to face the same situation Hodgson is facing right now. (IMO)

The Liverpool squad on FM is alot stronger then the Loserpool squad in real life, it doesnt seem to be that much of a challenge on my current save. Of course im sure there will be alot of downgrading going on for FM11 though!

Form is temporary, ability is permanent! I see no need to downgrade anything, Gerrard and Co aren't all of a sudden bad players you know.....

I reckon it'll be in the game out of the box, should it go through relatively soon.

Also, lol poor squad.

Probably not I fully expect the box version to have it's data locked (i.e. game gone to vanilla), it's under a month to release, and the demo usually comes two weeks before. It may be in the 11.1 patch though as that is basically a data/bugs caught but unfixed on release patch.

Of course Gerrard & Torres are the same great players they used to be, IMO L'pool is suffering cause they have an unbalaced/short squad, new head coach, low morale & bad players attitude (which all can be simulated by FM)

Wonder if like in FM the real world players will react suddendly to this takeover

Archived