Classic Tactics Option In FM11?

There had better be, I wouldn't even dream of using the tactics creator. I found it a dumbing down step back for those of us who have been playing for years.

It is not a dumbing down of tactics, ive played the game since CM2 and I find it a usefull tool that cuts out some of the tedius elements of tactic creation.

Simplifying something does not have to mean dumbing down!

There had better be, I wouldn't even dream of using the tactics creator. I found it a dumbing down step back for those of us who have been playing for years.

What a load of rubbish.

Even for 'those of us' that have been playing for years it was and is a great tool to simplify tactic creation (funnily enough) and give you a base to work from.

I'm sure that the 'classic' version will stay, as commentary and 2D have despite the evolution of 3D.

I hate the way that people make out that using the 'classic' tactics is some sign of FM superiority.

What a load of rubbish.

Even for 'those of us' that have been playing for years it was and is a great tool to simplify tactic creation (funnily enough) and give you a base to work from.

I'm sure that the 'classic' version will stay, as commentary and 2D have despite the evolution of 3D.

I hate the way that people make out that using the 'classic' tactics is some sign of FM superiority.

Well put. If anything it's made me think more about tactics this year, purely because you don't have to spend ages on a slider if i'm just making a minor swap in the team. I, as with most people I believe, use a combination of both.

I say there must be just one way to create tactics, if not it gets all confusing. Or people saying tactics made with one way work better than the other despite being almost the same tactics.

Creating tactics using either method does not mean one is superior to the other. The tactics creator is a tool designed to make building tactics easier for the user, but does not mean the tactics created are better than ones made the classic way.

Well put. If anything it's made me think more about tactics this year, purely because you don't have to spend ages on a slider if i'm just making a minor swap in the team. I, as with most people I believe, use a combination of both.

Totally agree with this too.

I've tried out tons of different ideas and making new formations etc. is so much easier due to the tactics creator. :thup:

The other thing is that it takes the emphasis away from setting up tactics using the sliders, and turns it towards building tactics to bring out the strengths in your side and changing things to expose the weaknesses of your opposition. In that sense, it's a great step forward, and I enjoy using the shouts and battling with the AI during matches.

I've found it extremely rewarding to use. I can do pretty much everything I wanted to do with the classic tactics anyway by going through the advanced menu or by using the shouts to change certain things.

I'm only disappointed that it sounds as if there has been no further progress with this in FM11. :(

I realise I'm hugely biased, but those accusing the TC of dumbing down FM haven't understood what it does and how it works. It makes matches and tactical decision making far more dynamic and ensures that AI tactics are more logically constructed, meaning it is more difficult, although not impossible, to 'break' them. Simplified for the user it may be. Dumbed down it most certainly isn't.

Why the hate for it. There is a sufficient number of options for each sector of making your tactic, is less time consuming and less boring than creating a tactic using sliders and is more realistic.

Everything is going to stay in FM unless it was ridiculous and obviously needed removing (bugs etc.). If a perfectly legitimate, working feature was going to be removed, it would have been leaked by now. The arrows being removed was leaked months before, for example.

Archived