Liverpool FC sale - FM 2011

Itv will not be considered untill the sale has gone through in full. Depending on when that is confirmed, will depend on if and when it is implemented in the game.

If you want to discuss thie possible takeover, please use the Football forum.

With the sale just happening today, will it appear in either the release day patch or Patch #2 ?
I think it still needs to go through yet, but provided its all done and dusted in the next 2-3 weeks it should appear in the release day patch I reckon.

Whats all this talk of a release day patch. Thats not very optimistic is it? Nothing about this year's patching strategy has been announced. The game might not even need a release day patch. I think we'll only find out if there is going to be one once there has been some feedback from people using the demo and some major issues have been uncovered.

The last couple of years have had release day patches - not that that says there will be one this year - thats is not very optimistic- correct - but maybe its being a realist!!! :p

Can't remember if it was this game or fm2009 but one of them never needed or had a release day patch. In fact FM10 was pretty playable out of the box so it might have been this editon of the game.

Can't remember if it was this game or fm2009 but one of them never needed or had a release day patch. In fact FM10 was pretty playable out of the box so it might have been this editon of the game.

FM10 had a release day patch, I'm fairly sure FM09 did too.

Even if the sale goes through in time to be included in the game how will they know the transfer budgets ? and will they be available in August rather than January ?

How are transfer budgets ever known? And yes, any money will be available in July, just like with the Man City takeover.

As long as its done before the game comes out, they will patch it up before release. Although it wont make any difference, because the game will just either put liverpool in a financial crisis, then the club will be sold in a week or two of game time, then they will be fine and with a bit more money and a new stadium in like 4 years time. Or they will add the new owners in and give them a bit more budget.. and a new stadium in four years... tbh, it wont make the game any different really. Even if they have financial trouble, it wont affect in game results.

To be honest, except for the transfer deals, I think SI should go with the situation as it were at the start of the season as its supposed to be a simulation for the 2010/11 season which is already under way. At any rate, it could easily be fixed with the traditional new year patch when the sale goes through.

As long as its done before the game comes out, they will patch it up before release. Although it wont make any difference, because the game will just either put liverpool in a financial crisis, then the club will be sold in a week or two of game time, then they will be fine and with a bit more money and a new stadium in like 4 years time. Or they will add the new owners in and give them a bit more budget.. and a new stadium in four years... tbh, it wont make the game any different really. Even if they have financial trouble, it wont affect in game results.

They won't get a new stadium.

a) Construction has not started

b) The new owners-to-be are much more likely to refurbish anfield as they did with the red sox stadium (after promising a new stadium i might add)

Si are obviously in no position to speculate on the future of any cluib. Nor do they have access to the finances.

Give them a break, they can't be expected to program what we don't even know is going to happen. The legal implications alone are frightening.

I know this is a bit off topic but IRL how can the board sell the club without the permission of the current owner? any one know how that works?

I assume even if the board agree to the deal the current owners still have to sign off on it dont they?

I know this is a bit off topic but IRL how can the board sell the club without the permission of the current owner? any one know how that works?

I assume even if the board agree to the deal the current owners still have to sign off on it dont they?

This is Martin Broughton's take on it.

"We don't think it was valid to do it. Essentially when I took the role they gave a couple of written undertakings to Royal Bank of Scotland. Those written undertakings included that I was the only person entitled to change the board and that was written into the articles of the covenants, and also that they would take no action to frustrate any reasonable sale. And I think they flagrantly abused both of those written undertakings."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/broughton-takeover-q-a

The jist of it...

Martin Broughton was instilled some months ago with the task to find suitable prospective buyers for the club. Once achieved, the decision to actually sell to a buyer would then come down to a vote from the board, which consists, or rather consisted?, of five members: Christian Purslow (Managing Director), Ian Ayre (Commerical Director), Martin Broughton (Chairman), Tom Hicks and George Gillett (co-owners). The likely scenario was always that, due to the owners' exorbitant valuation of the club, a 3-2 vote in favour of a sale would occur with the Board of Directors pushing it through - despite any offers guaranteeing the two owners will make a significant loss.

To prevent this outcome, Hicks attempted to replace Purslow and Ayre on the board with his son Mack Hicks and colleague Lori Kay McCutcheon prior to the board meeting being held. And this is where it arrives at the courts. As charlo116 posted, Broughton claims that only he was reserved the right to change the makeup of the board and that Hicks' actions "flagrantly abuse" certain written undertakings.

Most of the reports and expert opinions i have read have indicated we are likely to be successful with the case. Broughton has been advised throughout by Slaughter and May, the highly reputable law firm, so i'm hopeful in spite of my personal ignorance.

How all this will affect FM11 i don't know, but i think it would be desirable for it to play out as in real life. So, should the takeover be confirmed, it would only go through in-game at the same time, as in October, and hence no budgets would need be sorted for the summer window, which would not mirror reality if you had an increased summer budget anyway. I admittedly have no idea how difficult it would be to code a takeover midway into the game, though.

Of course details on stadium (re?)development would be impossible before learning of Henry's intentions and before seeing concrete action, but this could later be added in a patch if information becomes known. Failing that, just use the editor to add a future stadium on Stanley Park if you like. It's quite simple, even if it mightn't be perfectly accurate (neither would it be if it came from SI, i doubt, at this early stage).

Oh and i resent NotPotter's comment! :thdn:;)

They won't get a new stadium.

a) Construction has not started

b) The new owners-to-be are much more likely to refurbish anfield as they did with the red sox stadium (after promising a new stadium i might add)

no, it has been said they will finance a new stadium. The liverpool board have said that already

There are also reports though that the city counsellors are not keen for Anfield to be expanded so it looks likely that a new stadium is the only option. We will see though.

I think people have said above that the sale has been agreed but not completed. there are legal wrangles but the courts should rule on this next week hopefully so we should know within the next week or two what is happening.

Even if it's not there for release patch. It's normally only about 3 to 5 weeks before the second patch anyway. I wouldn't mind it not being in straight away as if I'm on fm11 I'll be doing a dafuge game. This would mean anything that is happening at Liverpool would probably die out by the time I get up there.

Itv will not be considered untill the sale has gone through in full. Depending on when that is confirmed, will depend on if and when it is implemented in the game.

If you want to discuss thie possible takeover, please use the Football forum.

A slightly worrying Post, coming as it does from a Mod., on 2 counts:

A/ this is a thread about the Liverpool buy-out specifically relating to the FM11 game, so this IS the correct forum surely?

B/ I hope that the FM11 game codes in the probablility of either a 3rd part takeover or financial meltdown as one or the other is innevitable. SI usually get these things right. The current proposed takeover is of course not certain so I agree it would not be an innevitable development in FM11 necesserally but I would suggest that a wealthy benefactor, whoever they may be, taking over Liverpool within 10 years is almost a certainty.

A slightly worrying Post, coming as it does from a Mod., on 2 counts:

A/ this is a thread about the Liverpool buy-out specifically relating to the FM11 game, so this IS the correct forum surely?

B/ I hope that the FM11 game codes in the probablility of either a 3rd part takeover or financial meltdown as one or the other is innevitable. SI usually get these things right. The current proposed takeover is of course not certain so I agree it would not be an innevitable development in FM11 necesserally but I would suggest that a wealthy benefactor, whoever they may be, taking over Liverpool within 10 years is almost a certainty.

Apologies to FrazT in relation to point A - I see the thread actually got hijacked later on by Posts best suited to non-game threads! :-/

Apologies to FrazT in relation to point A - I see the thread actually got hijacked later on by Posts best suited to non-game threads! :-/

No problem- it is a fine line on this issue between how it reflects in FM and a general discussion which should be in the football forum. If it remains FM related in can stay.

My point about SI's position about current news items remains the same. There are always rumours around and of course SI cannot react till the rumour is confirmed beyond all doubt. If it is confirmed, it will be in the game at some point, but it will depend on the timing.

The start date of FM2011 will be well before the start of the 2010/11 football season any, won't it? In which case, this question is something of a moot point. There's no way this specific sale can be in the game - because as soon as you start playing that save, you've left the real universe and you've created a new and unique Football Manager univserse, where everything that happens is different from real life.

The start date of FM2011 will be well before the start of the 2010/11 football season any, won't it? In which case, this question is something of a moot point. There's no way this specific sale can be in the game - because as soon as you start playing that save, you've left the real universe and you've created a new and unique Football Manager univserse, where everything that happens is different from real life.

The data is usually right up to date (as it can be). So if it goes through before the data is locked then it will probably be represented. It's like a player moving on the last day of the transfer window, it happens before the start of the game but it's still included so that the squads are up to date.

Archived