A nice feature that i would like to see in the game

When a player is injured during a game, you could recieve a note from your physio just telling you some information about the injury whilst you are watching the game just so you know, not what the injury is but what the extent of the injury is. For example how bad it is, where the injury is.

Just a cool little feature that i would like to be implemented into the game.

What do you think?

It wouldn't be a good addition imo. The reason being that quite alot of the time you do not know the extent of an injury until after a match. Alright you may know that Player X has picked up an injury. Also if a player gets injured during a game you can click on his profile and it can say Player X has potential thigh injury, head injury etc. This takes 2 seconds to do as well.

I understand your opinion but i think it would be easier as just a little pop up on the screen instead of having to go off the match to click on a player. I feel this would be useful if it is not a serious injury so that you know how badly player X is injured and then decide whether he should carry on or not.

I understand your opinion but i think it would be easier as just a little pop up on the screen instead of having to go off the match to click on a player. I feel this would be useful if it is not a serious injury so that you know how badly player X is injured and then decide whether he should carry on or not.

Yeah you get that already. If a player gets a red cross with a white box round it or whatever it is it means he can't play on. If it is a green cross(or whatever colour it is. It looks like green), it means he can play on and he has picked up a knock.

IMO - You have staff sitting with you on the bench. If you want to interact with them you should be able to. As you can with the Assistant Manager updating you with tactical information.

Why not have a little panel for the physios too. I mean you're on the Bench sitting with your staff. You're the manager. You should be able to interact with your staff.

IMO - You have staff sitting with you on the bench. If you want to interact with them you should be able to. As you can with the Assistant Manager updating you with tactical information.

Why not have a little panel for the physios too. I mean you're on the Bench sitting with your staff. You're the manager. You should be able to interact with your staff.

Totally Agree!

I think you should have an idea to the severity of the injury especially if a player is taken off - I have had players 'have to go off' and not even be tired for the next game 2 days later.

It didn't take them long to diagnose Eduardo's leg...or David Buust.

I think you should have an idea to the severity of the injury especially if a player is taken off - I have had players 'have to go off' and not even be tired for the next game 2 days later.

Exactly!

10 characters

But the thing is you can easily diagnose a broken leg, is the one sticking out? is a part of the leg at an unnatural angle? Both of the examples you've given are outliers whicha are far away from the typical indications of injury you'll find on a pitch.

The fact of the matter is unless the injury is really obvious your best indication is going to be the player signalling discomfort or obvious hobbling. This is represented in game by the crosses and the player's condition. Also if you click on the player in the ratings widget it will bring up his profile with the problem area highlighted in the injury panel, about as much as you'll get most of the time from a physio in real life.

people realise that physio's are not doctors yes? If you want to thrown extreme examples in, look at Ben Arfa on the weekend, the PHYSIO reported that it looked to be a broken ankle, when after an xray was done it was 2 broken bones in his leg. You get to see how far his fitness has dropped using the widget which gives a good idea on how bad it is, you can click the player to see the potential injury, i dont think we need an option to have the physio saying 'Without the aid of an xray i can safely say that XX has broken his patella, no it isnt a fracture, its broken, i know because im a physio.'

I think finding out after the match is just fine.

I like the idea of a 'first-guess' just to give me a heads up on if the player should be taken off or not. I also love the idea of being able to harass the opposing manager - that feature has unlimited potential =)

people realise that physio's are not doctors yes? If you want to thrown extreme examples in, look at Ben Arfa on the weekend, the PHYSIO reported that it looked to be a broken ankle, when after an xray was done it was 2 broken bones in his leg. You get to see how far his fitness has dropped using the widget which gives a good idea on how bad it is, you can click the player to see the potential injury, i dont think we need an option to have the physio saying 'Without the aid of an xray i can safely say that XX has broken his patella, no it isnt a fracture, its broken, i know because im a physio.'

I think finding out after the match is just fine.

Firstly, break= fracture. The two mean the same thing.

Secondly, they wouldn't have to be right all the time. They could say "serious leg injury", "pull or tear of a muscle", "injury to arm" or "head injury". They could say "bruising". Sometimes they'd be able to predict a time out, others they wouldn't.

It's an idea that comes up a fair bit, and one of the few I really like.

Firstly, break= fracture. The two mean the same thing.

Secondly, they wouldn't have to be right all the time. They could say "serious leg injury", "pull or tear of a muscle", "injury to arm" or "head injury". They could say "bruising". Sometimes they'd be able to predict a time out, others they wouldn't.

It's an idea that comes up a fair bit, and one of the few I really like.

My apologies first, i am not a doctor, and will plead ignorance on the break thing.

Secondly, after going into a meeting, i got thinking about it, drew up a few match screens and have changed my thoughts, this could be a good option, the things to add are already in the game and very easy to find, but to display it in the game time might be good :)

I think a few words should be added.

'it looks like he's pulled his hamstring'

'it looks like he's suffering concussion'

'it seems to be a dead leg'

'possible break to the left leg'

Most are right, some may be wrong, like predicted twisted ankle, turns out, it's just a 2/3 day ankle injury.

But like Hamstring, groin pulls for example are easy to spot in real life and straight away, you know it's most likely going to be 2-3 weeks...sometimes longer, sometimes shorter.

really i think it cant predict the times. all it can really say is the type. Most injuries (muscular and breakages etc) need to be scanned to see how bad they are, i doubt the physio can say "he appears to have torn a muscle and will be out for 3 weeks", only really can say ""he appears to have torn a muscle and will need to be taken for a scan" or something like that

concussion etc is different i suppose

Yeah, I don't think it should give you a time estimate but that's just your knowledge of estimation. Like for example, Chelsea the other week, Beanayoun pulled up with his hamstring. Pretty obvious if you are watching football, you know it's a hamstring injury. So it should say 'he seems (seems being key) to have pulled his hamstring. Then after the match, scans etc...are done to give you definite time scale.

I like the idea. I assume though that it would only apply when the player has a green injury symbol rather than a white injury symbol though. I say that as i dont really see the point in knowing what type of injury a player has if he has to be taken off automatically anyway. Whereas with the greeen injury symbol it would be good to know so you could decide wether you should keep him on the pitch or take him off to minimise the injury.

I like the idea of the opposing manager interaction also, there could be hours of fun involved in that.

on a side note id like the option to be able to play short if your player is hurt, eg 3 subs made and a player hurts his hamstring (green injury) you can just take them off and play short. perhaps to link into this thread the physio could suggest to take him off or something along those lines

I like the idea of a comment from your physio on the match screen. He could give you a general indication of what type of injury it is and whether you should risk leaving him on.

For example if the player has twisted his knee sharpely the physio might diagnose 'suspected' or 'potential' ligament damage and could recommened he be subbed incase of causing further damage to the injury. He may also say it only looks like a knock so unlikely to increase the severeity of the injury.

Of course these risks could have bad consequences for us managers if the physio is wrong.

When a player is injured during a game, you could recieve a note from your physio just telling you some information about the injury whilst you are watching the game just so you know, not what the injury is but what the extent of the injury is. For example how bad it is, where the injury is.

Just a cool little feature that i would like to be implemented into the game.

What do you think?

Definitely needed in my opinion. :thup:

Sorry, silly idea imo. Unless its a cut or bruise the physio isnt going to know 8-9 times out 10 what the injury is during the game as the player wont have had any scans etc.

For example a player has gone down under a heavy tackle, he is limping on one leg, is that a cartaridge problem, a baldly pulled muscle, a slight fracture. The physio when he runs on the pitch wont know the extent of the problem. All he will know at that point is that the player cannot continue to play or he may risk further injury.

If this was implemented the only advise the physio should give the manager is that he advises the player to be taken off. This could be either straight away or after 5-10 minutes depending on if he wants to see or not if the player can run it off

Sorry, silly idea imo. Unless its a cut or bruise the physio isnt going to know 8-9 times out 10 what the injury is during the game as the player wont have had any scans etc.

For example a player has gone down under a heavy tackle, he is limping on one leg, is that a cartaridge problem, a baldly pulled muscle, a slight fracture. The physio when he runs on the pitch wont know the extent of the problem. All he will know at that point is that the player cannot continue to play or he may risk further injury.

If this was implemented the only advise the physio should give the manager is that he advises the player to be taken off. This could be either straight away or after 5-10 minutes depending on if he wants to see or not if the player can run it off

I don't think that's true at all Wazza. I think most physios would be able to give some information about a likely injury immediately. They go on to the pitch, talk to the player, examine him and surely after all of that they can reach some kind of conclusion about the injury type and the potential time out. A player may need to go for scans and things like that but they'll have a vague idea already what is wrong and what the consequences might be.

rubbish. We are not saying that we want the physio to say "He has knee cartlidge damage" etc we are saying just a one liner like "He has injured his knee, i advise you take him off"

It's already in the game IMO (well the info you'd get IRL), click on the player with the cross marker, you'll see on the stats screen either "has potential X injury" for a green cross or "has an injury in X" for a red cross, unless it's a serious break or otherwise particularly obvious (torn hamstrings) I can't see how a physio will be able to be more precise.

rubbish. We are not saying that we want the physio to say "He has knee cartlidge damage" etc we are saying just a one liner like "He has injured his knee, i advise you take him off"

I prefer it the way it is using the red stars for if he cant play or green star if he can. Physio only to advise if he needs to come off in 5-10 minutes for if he can run ithe injury off or not and to advise of major decrease in conditioning so you dont have to look it up. IMO there is no point knowing what the injury is during the match when you find out what it was afterwards. While playing the game all you need to know is if he can carry on or not. Theres no point in knowing how long hes out for during the match that your playing as it may change after further tests. After the game you will get a thorough report on the injury and how long he is out for afte rthe further tests, It is then when it influences your preparation for the next match so whats the point in knowing during the game as it doesnt affect anything as he is on or off the pitch. How many managers would think of prepartion for there next match when they are concentrating on trying to win the match they are currently playing

so your argument is, instead of saying "He has injured his knee, i advise you take him off" you want him to say "I advise you take him off"?

i said that they should not give you a detailed description of the injury, but basically just advise if you should take them off or not, i dont see the harm in them adding "It appears to be a knee injury" etc

Maybe you misquoted me/meant to quote someone else cause your answer is arguing the same point i made?

Archived