switching plyers, target man and playmaker

There is one question I would like to be awsered and hope it is right in fm 2011, when you set say messi as the playmaker or target man but have him also swithing position with another plyer in the team during matches he no longer is the playmaker or target man and the other player is until they switch back again which is really annoying. I just want messi to stay as the playmaker or target man throughout the match no matter which player I make him swap position with during the match please can this be fixed just wondering if anyone has any news on this.

There is one question I would like to be awsered and hope it is right in fm 2011, when you set say messi as the playmaker or target man but have him also swithing position with another plyer in the team during matches he no longer is the playmaker or target man and the other player is until they switch back again which is really annoying. I just want messi to stay as the playmaker or target man throughout the match no matter which player I make him swap position with during the match please can this be fixed just wondering if anyone has any news on this.

Well thats the trade off if you want him to switch positions with someone else his role alters.

As a manager you need to make a choice as to which is the more important.

You have all missed da point I have tick da box switch with another plyer during da match. I have him switching with villa so some time he is the CF but when they switch he is no longer da playmaker or target man which does not make any sense if he is either the playmaker or target man he should stay as this until I change it or choose another player to be da playmaker or target man.

Well thats the trade off if you want him to switch positions with someone else his role alters.

As a manager you need to make a choice as to which is the more important.

But it shouldn't be, and you shouldn't need to. There's no reason that two players can't switch between themselves at (for example) centre and right midfield, with the same one always the main playmaker (regardless of which position they happen to be in).

But it shouldn't be, and you shouldn't need to. There's no reason that two players can't switch between themselves at (for example) centre and right midfield, with the same one always the main playmaker (regardless of which position they happen to be in).

I think we have two issues here:

1) Switching of player roles

In this case if a player switches position I feel its correct to change his role. If an AMC switches with an ST during a game you wouldn't expect him to play the same as this could make a notable difference to team tactics. For instance if he switches with a poacher you would no longer have a player on the shoulder of the last man while there is no way your poacher could play the same from the AMC position. Granted there are some instances where players could switch positions and keep the same role but these are far less than those that would cause issues.

2) Selection of a playmaker or target man on the team tactics

I think this is more what gumszy is getting at and I would probably agree you could keep the play focused through the same player but given that his role changes (above) then it follows that this is changed as well.

Further to this issue, I would like the game to allow me to be more dynamic when getting players to swap positions.

Let's say I have two wingers, one right foot dominant, one left foot dominant. When they plan on the side of their footedness, I would like them to play as wingers. When they swap flanks, I want them playing as inside forwards.

Further to this issue, I would like the game to allow me to be more dynamic when getting players to swap positions.

Let's say I have two wingers, one right foot dominant, one left foot dominant. When they plan on the side of their footedness, I would like them to play as wingers. When they swap flanks, I want them playing as inside forwards.

That's a major limitation of the tactic system. I don't think we'll see it this year though.

Use classic tactics. That fixes this issue because it assigns playmaker/target man to the player, not the position.

If you don't want that, maybe have Messi as playmaker and Villa as target man, so Messi is always one or the other?

A similar issue exists with opposition instructions. There is no option to show a player inside or outside so the AI manager can undo your tactics by switching his wingers.

Archived