Ledley King type Injuries

I think King is set as a high risk (19 or 20)which on FM could have him play for 10 games and then be out for 6 months.

In fact he plays one and then misses one (or two). In addition, his injuries could be helped by giving him a special training system.

I suppose - as he is such an irregular case - it would be too much to write code (or whatever the PC geeks do at FM HQ) to suit Ledders.

The man is an absolute crock. How he can still be playing top flight football is beyond me. Probably would be too much effort just to write code for Leadknee King, especially the special training, but I believe that there are injuries that are recurring in the game, so maybe he could be 'given' one of those.

The man is an absolute crock. How he can still be playing top flight football is beyond me. Probably would be too much effort just to write code for Leadknee King, especially the special training, but I believe that there are injuries that are recurring in the game, so maybe he could be 'given' one of those.

Take your Arsenal tinted specs off.

He's an incredible centre back and is certainly one of the few who can keep Drogba quiet for 90 minutes.

Reminds me very much of Paul McGrath who never trained and yet was still a stand out at the top level for many years.

How about just giving him extremely low stamina and natural fitness, meaning you wouldn't be able to play him twice a week due to his condition being too low?

I'm sure he has both of those and he does indeed need careful management to get him through a season.

Take your Arsenal tinted specs off.

He's an incredible centre back and is certainly one of the few who can keep Drogba quiet for 90 minutes.

Well I don't think Redknapp has Arsenal tinted specs, but he's just as surprised as me that he can still play at a good level. He's good, but I reckon Tottenham would have sold him, made a nice bit of money and got a replacement, were it not for the fact he would fail any club's medical.

Well I don't think Redknapp has Arsenal tinted specs, but he's just as surprised as me that he can still play at a good level. He's good, but I reckon Tottenham would have sold him, made a nice bit of money and got a replacement, were it not for the fact he would fail any club's medical.

Maybe I misread your comment and it wasn't meant how I read it? Dam lack of tone of voice over t'internet.

There is no way Spurs would sell, look at the difference when he plays, the team just seem so much calmer. As already mentioned he is massively talented and if he were able to stay fit he would easily claim one of the CB spots for England and leave the rest to fight it out.

Yeah it could have looked that way. No I just mean how can he not train, have an injury that must hamper him in some way, and still perform the way he does. I think he'd probably be third choice CB were it not for his injuries, although the amount that Ferdinand and Terry pull out of squads, he'd pretty much be a shoe-in. Certainly better than Lescott, Upson, Cahill, Jagielka (insert substandard international defender here)

Hes class but such a risk fot the spurs besides i reckon jagielkas positional sense and consistancy makes him slighly better than Ledly King

Thid obviously isn't going to be an objective discussion but Jagielka vs Ledley King is not even close to a contest. Jagielka wishes he was half as good as Ledley.

Thid obviously isn't going to be an objective discussion but Jagielka vs Ledley King is not even close to a contest. Jagielka wishes he was half as good as Ledley.

Agreed. Probably the best way to replicate it as said above is to give him v low stamina and natural fitness. The problem is not just with his knees - because he can't train, often when he plays he pulls muscles etc because his muscles aren't used to taking the strain regularly. So the very high injury proness captures some of his problems.

I normally play with spurs for a season or two to get used to the game and I quite like the fact that he can play a little bit more often than in real life!

King walks(limps) into Spurs' 1st 11. If fit he is the 1st name on the team sheet, as well as his leadership and ability to make those around himplay better,he is also a graceful and technically gifted.

Admittedly I am sure King's injury record would put off some/most clubs from signing him - im sure managers would have himbut chairmen would be put off. But the simple fact is that Spurs gave King a new contract, thereby signalling how important he has and is to the club.

Last year King performed immensley. We drove the Skoda to work but pushed the Porsche out for the weekend :)

There's no way Spurs at present could attract another defender that's the same standard as King, that's why we're still willing to pay him so much a week, despite the risk.

As for replicating this in FM, beyond a very low stamina and natural fitness and a high injury proneness, it'd be incredibly difficult. Fwiw, he doesn't just miss every other game though, he managed 4 games in 17 days last season. Its such a strange problem though, I read that he can't even kick a ball about in the back garden with his son without risking missing the next game for us. Probably one-of-a-kind in that respect.

Maybe I misread your comment and it wasn't meant how I read it? Dam lack of tone of voice over t'internet.

There is no way Spurs would sell, look at the difference when he plays, the team just seem so much calmer. As already mentioned he is massively talented and if he were able to stay fit he would easily claim one of the CB spots for England and leave the rest to fight it out.

Do not agree with that. JT and Rio would easily claim both spots if fit.

Archived