Way too many disallowed goals...

Once or twice in every few games I have a goal disallowed due to an offside. The commentary thing says it should have been allowed the majority of the time, and when I watch it back on the 3D match thing it's pretty much always not offside. So is this a common thing in FM10, and will it be the same in FM11? It's really annoying me that I draw and lose games that I should be winning and drawing because of these bad decisions.

it's meant to be there. in real life, referees do make mistakes, and allow goals that are offside, and disallow goals that are not offside. In the game, however, I do see goals that seem to be scored offside are allowed, being called "dubious goal" by commentator, but in 2D classic, it's clearly shown that the scorer is fractionally onside, therefore goal should be allowed. This means in the game, referees and commentators do make mistakes too

got to agree and say after 40+ seasons i have never even thought "Gee this happens alot"

Perhaps it is your strikers with poor off the ball (just guessing as to why it is happening to you)

I agree, never have I thought there to be an unrealistic amount of dis-allowed goals. One every 3 or 4 games seems quite on par with real life imo

All you have to do is look at the linesman. He'll run back to the half way line if it's a goal.

If he stops in his tracks then it's offside. You can tell way before the decision is even announced in the game just by the way the linesman is moving.

Frankly I hate it when a goal I score is offside - but I love it when a goal they score is offside. Such is football.

don't get me started on this topic !!

my star striker Luis had 3 dissalowed goals due to offside in the 2027/2028 Champions League Quarter Final 2nd leg at anfield. 3 !!!!! all in the 1st half, was down 0-1 at half time and thus 1-2 down on aggregate, lucky we won 4-1 at games end, funny enough, FC Bayern thought Luis's only 2nd half goal was offside LOL

I think poor Concentration is a reason why some strikers are caught offside alot of the time.. and It's probably not the only attribute that has something to do with the offsides. I've had it happen as well in a couple games. They kept happening to the same player.

the thing that annoys me is when i get a striker who gets the ball just over the half way line, runs 2 goal, gos round the keeper, scores, gos off and celebrates and then its given offside. whats taken so effing long!

It's only started happening so often this season. I've played five seasons, with the same couple of tactics for the last three. My strikers have 13-15 concentration, which isn't bad. I can understand referees making bad decisions, but two or three times in every few matches is ridiculous.

Bah, nothing like getting Oscar Cardozo scoring a hat-trick... of disallowed goals XD (He then scored a fourth goal, but a legit one)

I've never had many disallowed goals. At least, the badly disallowed ones... I only remember one. All the other ones were made of players' accusations, but I don't pay attention to them

Archived