My game has suddenly slowed down

I'm running FM2010 on a laptop which only just about runs the game sufficiently, so it runs fine if I stick to a small database and not too many leagues. I've done five seasons with Wycombe and it's run fine, but suddenly in my sixth season the game has become much slower and really unresponsive (I have to hover over something for quite a few seconds before it highlights it and allows me to select it) and it crashes every so often too. I'm wondering whether anybody knows why it might suddenly start running so badly after five seasons. Thanks in advance for any help.

dont know if it might help but try clearing your system restore and temp files maybe its what you been browsing latly thats slowed down your laptop dont think playing the game that 1 season longer would change how it performed.

you might need to defrag the laptop, and also use a program called glary utilities. you should be doing this once a week just incase. This happened with me but I used those 2 programs and it sped up my game. just about to do it again before I continue with the 2027/2028 season

How much ram have you got and how many leagues are you using? You might be using too many leagues for your spec of computer. Is there anythig running in the background at the same time as fm?

You could try using gamebooster which might help a bit.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

I believe my laptop has 448MB RAM and I'm running England down to BSN/S with a small database. I never run anything in the background. As I said it worked absolutely fine for about five seasons and suddenly slowed down so I'm not sure what has happened. I don't know whether it's just this save or the whole game as I have no other saved games, so I might start a new one to check.

I've actually been having the same problems. I can load more leagues and use a custom database with top-players from every continent.

I'm currently playing with two leagues. The danish league down to 2nd division and the English league down to the 11th division (with the add-on).

The first couple of seasons are running smooth, but in the 3rd - 5th season the game starts slowing down. Everything seems to go slower and i get the problems described by Christophee.

I just discovered this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/161297-Do-career-games-eat-more-memory.

It seems quite possible that we are having the problems described in this thread. Does anyone know of any way to fix it by making the file size smaller? I seem to remember that you could delete the old match reports from previous seasons on older FM games. Can you still do that on FM10?

448MB is correct. I know it's not ideal but I get by just fine. Well, I did until this recent problem.

I'm assuming your using a pc and not a mac so are you using XP or vista or Windows 7? The minumum specs for the game are

XP - 512mb Ram

Vista\windows 7 1GB Ram

In view of this I think you need to see if your laptop's memory can be increased because I think your running too many leagues for the amount of ram you have.

I am running XP. Before getting FM10 I hadn't owned one since FM07, which ran just fine on my laptop. I downloaded the FM10 demo to check whether it would run and it seemed fine, so I picked up the game quite cheap (this was in March) and I've made do with how it runs. I realise my laptop doesn't meet the minimum requirements, but it plays well enough for me so I'm satisfied.

Archived