How long will FM last in total

I mean no 1 knows , but as we all no nothing last forever, wonder how much stuff fm can do antill they run out,

like most manager games like usm, lma, premier manager, are gone really!! even CM, fifa manager is pot lessly rubbish, just wonder how long it will be!

maybe in a few years they wont bring out a fm every year, it will be updates to the existing game so on and so on, who knows!

until virtual manager comes out in the near future with us all in a virtual world face to face with holograms of real players!!! i can dream cant i?

Sports Interactive will probably be the ones who invent it :D

There will always be demand for FM and as it stands CM is the only real competition and they are not making a game this year are they? So really its down to SI as to when they stop. I can't see it happening for many years to come.

I echo what others have said. If the game is still making the company profit, what's the point in them not making it anymore. When the game starts losing them money (as in not enough people buying it), then they will probably stop making it. Until that point, they have no reason to stop releasing new versions of the game yearly.

As long as football exists there will probably be a football management simulation out there. At the moment FM is going strong and unless there is a big change in the gaming market in the next 10 years I can see FM still being around in 2020.

Have a look at the suggestions thread, and you'll get an idea...

FM may be the best management sim out there, and has been since it arrived (I do have a spoft spot for Player Manager, but you can hardly call that a sim:p), but it is still a million miles away from the "perfect" game... The big thing I see is that FM looks to always add things into the game that require computing power, while still keeping the game available to the majority of it's fan base. Therefore, I would suggest that there will be a split in FM in about 4-8 years time, into two seperate games, one with the VR like sim quality - individual player personalities, immersive match engine, contract talks and media interviews - and one that remains more text based.

I get the feeling that this will result in a split whithin SI, and it depends which route SI take as to whether FM will continue in it's current guise or whether the future heirs will take on a different name. Who knows. My money is on another split in 5 to 8 years.

I mean no 1 knows , but as we all no nothing last forever, wonder how much stuff fm can do antill they run out,

like most manager games like usm, lma, premier manager, are gone really!! even CM, fifa manager is pot lessly rubbish, just wonder how long it will be!

maybe in a few years they wont bring out a fm every year, it will be updates to the existing game so on and so on, who knows!

Your joking right?

Its all they want is your money..pity the fool who is paying for this year in year out.

I can't see anyone making a better Football management sim other than FM, so it will kill going as long as they keep introducing fresh new ideas each year, and keep putting in the hard work. That, or until football loses popularity (never)

Just on the wishlist thread you've probably got a good few years of new features to add;)

Aside from that, football isn't going anywhere, so as long as the game is around, there'll be simulators to simulate it.

only when demand falls, which will only happen when not only the game is pretty much the best it can be, but when the game hasn't changed in terms of new rules etc. when that will be? anytime, but still quite a while away from the end. :)

Archived