I love getting one over on other managers

I'm England boss in 2037, and had picked a my team, only to have 4 players withdrawn, which had never happened to me before. Two are first choice, once being my former club goalie, the other being the World player of the year CM, the other two were a backup goalie and striker. The Goalie was from my old team Spurs, the other 3 from West Ham, who suddenly seem to have a grudge against me. Firstly to get back at the Hammers, I called up one a striker of theirs, which they didn't block(don't know if they can), then he got an injury, so I then called up the striker they'd stopped me taking in the first place as a replacement. I consider this a moral victory.:cool:

Does anyone know why the AI managers would do this? I've got half an idea, as recently I publically declared my interest in the Chelsea and Arsenal jobs, which I can understand might alienate the other London teams, but didn't think that would be part of the game!

(Neither club wanted me, though Arsenal did sack their manager later, Paul Scharner, and rejected my application, picking Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink instead. Enjoy another 26 years of mediocrity Gunners)

Archived