Having a son

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

He's probably thinking of the term "Fred" that everyone seems to like using when referring to the grey players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Freds aren't grey players.

Freds are generated players - ie regens/newgens/freds.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

He's probably thinking of the term "Fred" that everyone seems to like using when referring to the grey players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Freds are generated players - ie regens/newgens/freds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SI never did state why they were called "Fred's", though.

I have my own idea on it icon_smile.gif

but yea, they are now called Regens/Newgens...

As for the OP. I hate this feature. Probably because i get through more season on FM than most people, (Thats complete guess work, but in FM07 i did over 100 seasons combined), and I never got a son.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

My theory remains, though.

My theory remains, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit of an obvious theory. Everyone who knows what the term Fred is knew that thats why he thought the son was called Fred.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

As for the OP. I hate this feature. Probably because i get through more season on FM than most people, (Thats complete guess work, but in FM07 i did over 100 seasons combined), and I never got a son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So that would make you over a 100 years old? I bet they had to wheel you to the dugout every game. God knows how you took training.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walters blue and white army:

The beckham boys couldnt be much worse than there dad haha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because they are sons of a b...h LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

As for the OP. I hate this feature. Probably because i get through more season on FM than most people, (Thats complete guess work, but in FM07 i did over 100 seasons combined), and I never got a son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So that would make you over a 100 years old? I bet they had to wheel you to the dugout every game. God knows how you took training. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. Nah, I had 3 saves, 2 of which totalled about 85 seasons, and 1 save lasting about 15 seasons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suge:

Ah. I wonder if there is a limit to how many season you can actually play? Surely, too keep up reality, you would croak it eventually. Unless you are Bobby Robson of course, then you will live on forever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can go on forever....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Ah. I wonder if there is a limit to how many season you can actually play? Surely, too keep up reality, you would croak it eventually. Unless you are Bobby Robson of course, then you will live on forever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can go on forever.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can.

I think your age stops at about 100 though. I'm determined to get to 100, and to get a son.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

You can go on forever.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can.

I think your age stops at about 100 though. I'm determined to get to 100, and to get a son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll get there one day! I thought it actually kept going even at 100?

I think your age stops at about 100 though. I'm determined to get to 100, and to get a son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll get there one day! I thought it actually kept going even at 100? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but odds are that at 255, it "rolls over" and becomes 0 again. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

I'll get there one day! I thought it actually kept going even at 100? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but odds are that at 255, it "rolls over" and becomes 0 again. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember a while back someone got to 2102 (or something very close), and said that the manager age hits a certain point, then stays the same.

It's not only you who can have a son, on my game on 2012 I noticed Roy Keane had a Thomas Keane listed in his favourite personal, who's that I thought? Clicked on him on it is a 17 year old irish FRED who has come into the Palermo squad (where Roy Keane is manager)

Also like his Dad he is a DC/DM but my scouts say he has the potential to be a good league 2 player so I can't see him making the same impact, be intresting to see if he gets into their first team based on nepatism alone then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaxPower80:

It was your mother's job to name you, and love you and such. I was mainly in it for the spanking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was mainly in it for your mother's spanking too, ARF ARF

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coelhoXI:

in my current game i've got a Serge Wenger, through the youth ranks at Arsenal. Serge turned out mediocre.

where's maradona's son in the game btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure if he's in it or not. Can't say I've looked. Currently plays in Serie D!

I'm determined to get to 100, and to get a son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'de either have a very difficult time trying to impregnate a woman, or your son would appear in the game as a 65 year old newgen. His physical attributes would harm his chances of playing for the first team, but with proper training you never know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blue Flag:

It's not only you who can have a son, on my game on 2012 I noticed Roy Keane had a Thomas Keane listed in his favourite personal, who's that I thought? Clicked on him on it is a 17 year old irish FRED who has come into the Palermo squad (where Roy Keane is manager)

Also like his Dad he is a DC/DM but my scouts say he has the potential to be a good league 2 player so I can't see him making the same impact, be intresting to see if he gets into their first team based on nepatism alone then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In FM07 it was quite popular (more so than a manager getting one) that Coaches/Scouts/Physio's had thier seed's come up through the youth team.

Again, in over 100 seasons of FM07, i never fecing experienced this icon_mad.gif

I swear, im not bitter. icon_mad.gif

icon_mad.gif

i also think it's possible to have randomly generated brothers of certain players.

I am presently doing an Arbroath game at the moment and managed to get Rangers as a Parent Club. I loaned in Andrew Shinnie and out of nowhere I get a regen called Steven Shinnie and they both list each other as favoured personnal.

Is this a coincidence, or does thins actually happen?

i want a son now..

But strangly in my 2011 save with FC Bayern,(got sacked after taking portsmouth to 3rd icon_mad.gif. i have a 15 year old regen just start the game with some dodgy name that isnt mine, but im listed as his favorite personell.

How am i, ive been at FC Bayern for 48days?!

If your only ambitions in life weren't to play 100 consecutive seasons on the game maybe you could get out and meet girls. Then you can work on having a son, and I'll guarantee you its much more fun than trying to get a virtual one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hufton:

If your only ambitions in life weren't to play 100 consecutive seasons on the game maybe you could get out and meet girls. Then you can work on having a son, and I'll guarantee you its much more fun than trying to get a virtual one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I appreciate your concern for my life, please don't assume anything about me, since you know nothing of me. I've been very happy with my girl for nearly 18 months now, and we are not ready for kids yet. So the virtual son is pretty much number 1 on the agenda.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

Yeah, but odds are that at 255, it "rolls over" and becomes 0 again. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, if I'm not mistaking, once you hit a certain age, it will "roll over" and become negative icon_biggrin.gif

Going to show my geek credentials and say that would only happen if it were a signed integer, which is unlikely for age - would happen if you got too much money, one day you would have billions, next you are deeper in debt that leeds!!

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE it if SI put in a tick box in the game setup page when you started a game which gave you a son Fred in the first five seasons of the game.

That's my only additional feature request for FM09.

...This is the bit where everyone agrees, it turns into a six page thread and SI are railroaded into including it icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by serevi:

what the hell hufton, it's obviously you that should get out there!

i root my girlfriend all the time and id much rather be playing fm and to see my own kid there would be sensational!

anyone that has both would know that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Archived