A very disappointing crash

This has happened a number of times now, but this time was a massive blow because I hadn't saved for about 8 games. Why should you have to save every 5 minutes on a game you have paid 30 quid for? How unstable is this game? I've loved every minute of actually playing it, but at least 3 or 4 times it has crashed in EXACTLY the same manner. I lost a lot of good results the other day and it's going to be hard to play all those matches again. It seems to happen when you're on the squad screen and press the top left clicker (L1?) too many times. So for example, when you're looking at a player and then click L1 to go back, and then press it again (maybe accidentally) it just locks the game up. What the hell is going on?

This has happened a number of times now, but this time was a massive blow because I hadn't saved for about 8 games. Why should you have to save every 5 minutes on a game you have paid 30 quid for? How unstable is this game? I've loved every minute of actually playing it, but at least 3 or 4 times it has crashed in EXACTLY the same manner. I lost a lot of good results the other day and it's going to be hard to play all those matches again. It seems to happen when you're on the squad screen and press the top left clicker (L1?) too many times. So for example, when you're looking at a player and then click L1 to go back, and then press it again (maybe accidentally) it just locks the game up. What the hell is going on?

• SI Staff

We've had a few people report lock ups on the game and we're trying to recreate them inhouse currently.

The majority of people appear to be playing happily and so it appears that these are either rare occurances or due to something which only certain people have been doing ..

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

We've had a few people report lock ups on the game and we're trying to recreate them inhouse currently.

The majority of people appear to be playing happily and so it appears that these are either rare occurances or due to something which only certain people have been doing .. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had one crash within the first hour of playing but since then the game has run smoothly without a problem.

Marc, I asked on another thread if you had recieved my email. Sorry to pester but I'm not even sure what your correct email address is so I want to make sure it gets sent safely icon_smile.gif

Guest CaptainRizla

Had the game crash once.

Very near the beginning of game and was flipping between the screens with the shoulder buttons. Locked up game and crashed the PSP.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

If yours was an attached save game then yes I got it - if not please indicate the email title and I'll check (as you've probably guessed I get a fair few emails each day). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was entitled 'Graphical Help' and didn't contain a save game, is your email address marc.vaughan[at]sigames.com?

I tried to send it to the one in your profile however it failed to send.

If you haven't recieved it let me know and I'll send it again icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

I had a crash earlier which was very similar to the one a had before.

Basically a player got injured during a game, it went to the tactics screen, I subbed the player and clicked the start button to go back to match and then I continued the game. The game then froze for a few seconds before crashing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:

For those of you experiencing these problems, can you let us know what Firmware version your Sony PSP kit is running? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have thought it would be the latest one as it comes with the game and it won't run without it.

I had 2 crashes on release day but it has been fine since though I was saving every week just in case it did crash.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by King-Reo-Coker:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Im on 2.6 (you cant play the game without this F/W) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong.

Anyway, i havent experienced this problem yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My bad, Im sorry.

Try it now then mate, just go through some screens then use the left trigger to go back, but press it a few times.

• SI Staff

We're still looking into it currently and unfortunately haven't so far managed to reproduce it at all .. we're so far tried:

* Retail PSP and retail game

* Debug kit and compiled source

* Debug kit and retail game

* PC emulation of game

Obviously if anyone gets such a crash in a repeatable situation then please email me as much information as possible at marc.vaughan@sigames.com.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marc

My game crashed again yesterday. It has crashed 3 times on day of purchase but seemed fine up to yesterday. I've noticed that it happened when looking at my squad screen and looking at players stats too quickly - looking at one players stats, going back, looking at anothers..doing that too quickly 10 times or so in a row causes it. Feels like PSP is trying too ahrd to catch up and gives up...running the latest firmware version..

I've had the game crash twice, with the PSP simply turning itself off.

On both occasions I was on the squad screen in sort mode (ie, the cursor highlighted on the column headers, sorting by picked, name, etc.) As with what other people are reporting, in both instances I was pressing buttons quickly to change the type of sort.

Archived