2 FM11 questions...

Vancouver and Portland are to join the MLS in 2011, Montreal in 2012. How will the 20th expansion team play out in the game?

Will there still be the possibility of the manager's son in the game?

Just a guess but I think that all the teams for the MLS will probably be in the game ok. SI are normally pretty good at puting forthcoming stuff into the game especially if its been officially announced by the respective nations.

For the MLS it depends on the terms of the license assuming the league is still licensed, the MLS license normally only covers the current season and as such the game doesn't include future expansion teams. (Depending on when the teams are announced they'll get added to the database but the game won't add them to the MLS in future seasons).

If it’s been announced before the game was hard-coded, then yes, it will be included. But we can’t know that until someone from SI tells us, or when you get the game yourself.

And as far as I can assume, there will be sons in FM11 (hopefully more frequent, I have never had one as of yet ..)

I think you'll find the licence from MLS refers to last year's competition, so it is probably the case that no expansion will occur in FM11. If not Vancouver and Portland will be in, but no more expansion after that, all depends on when the licence was signed.

I want to see these teams in, and I've asked questions like this before, and that's the sumation of the feedback I've had. Disappointing, I know, but that's what I have.

Portland and Vancouver probably wont be in the game as acting MLS teams. The MLS license is for the current MLS season every year. Just like Philadelphia didn't make it into 2010, Portland and Vancouver probably wont make it into 2011. Seattle and Toronto were both the same way as well. It is just bad luck for us MLS fans that the game releases at the end of our season and not the start because most of the time you will be playing the game... it will be missing the new teams that you are currently watching on TV.

Archived