Problem with widescreen

Hello everyone. I am here because I need some help.

I bought a widescreen monitor. I could not play FM10 since.

When I run it, my whole computer slows down, and after sometime of slowness it says that was found an error of "nv4_disp.dll". Then FM shuts down.

I am getting crazy :(

My current resolution is 1280 x 768 , but I have already tried with some others resolutions, without success.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

C ya!

-- edit

ops, I guess I posted in the wrong area.. sorry

If anyone could move it, I would be appreciated!

I'll try and report back here. Thank you =)

But when you say 'Also make sure your fully patched up.', what do you mean with patched up?

To install the latest patch. The link is on the tp of the page if you haven't installed it already.

Oh, FM patch.. I already have it :p

My computer could not find any new drivers for my graphics card.. =/

I'm getting desperate

Using the update driver button in devices as suggested rarely finds an updated driver in my experience. You really need to identify what graphics card you have then look on the manufacturers website for the latest drivers. Compare the version number of the latest drivers to your own and then you'll know if you need to update. You should be able to identify your graphics card by running dxdiag and looking on the display tab.

Download nv4_disp.zip

Unzip the nv4_disp.dll to c:\Windows\System32

Click Start > Run

Type CMD Press Enter

Type “regsvr32 nv4_disp.dll” without quotes and press enter.

Will hopefully solve your problem

The file is corrupted.. :/

Using the update driver button in devices as suggested rarely finds an updated driver in my experience. You really need to identify what graphics card you have then look on the manufacturers website for the latest drivers. Compare the version number of the latest drivers to your own and then you'll know if you need to update. You should be able to identify your graphics card by running dxdiag and looking on the display tab.

I've already tried it, but it seems like my graph card is really old so I can't download it.. I get an error when I try to install it.. =/

Find out what exactly what Nvidia card you have, go to Nvidia.com and download the latest driver for the card. Uninstall the old driver. Restart. Install the new driver. Restart.

If you want to be extra rigorous; download and run DriverSweeper (google it) after you have uninstalled your old driver. Be sure to clean only Nvidia display driver, when you are told to choose the options. This will clean your machine of all leftovers and registry, which sometimes regular uninstall can't seem to get right.

www.nvidia.com

Get latest detonator driver

???

profit.

In all seriousness, right click my computer, go to the hardware tab, click devices, and under display adapters - This is the card you have. If it is nVidia, you can select your card on their website to the best suited driver for your PC. I really don't recommend ever copying a single DLL file as graphics drivers are a package and version mismatches can cause havoc with your display (Not physically, it won't explode).

Not that it helps with your actual problem, but you are also using the wrong resolution. The aspect ratio of 1280x768 is 5:3 and LCD screens should be run on their native resolution or else their sharpness is reduced drastically.

Guys I've done it!

I used the DriverSweeper then I could find what I needed! Thanks for everyone's help! =D

But I also found another problem.. The old problem stills occurring when I try to play windowed =/

I can only play in full screen, and furthermore, my mouse keeps disappearing, only when I move it, it appears.. If I stop moving, it vanishes..........

It seems like I'll never play FM again, doesn't it? ;/

Ps: and sorry about my poor english =/

I can't play Windowed on my backup laptop. I believe that when it runs windowed it wants a specific minimum resolution and 768 depth just doesn't cut it. Could be wrong through.

I think there is a smallscreen window code.

Yes there is, "-small_screen -windowed" or something like that. But my computer freezes and the same old error of 'nv4_disp.dll" comes back..

When I play full screen, that error does not happen, but, my mouse cursor disappears... hahaha

Does anybody know how to fix this mouse bug?

Archived