Why can't i tutor them?

Hey there,

so i have a bunch of young 9's in my team and i brought in a couple cheaper (or free) older tutors. Most notable Rivaldo, who will also play for me. He's still looks great for me :) Anyway, the question is why can't i tutor these young players? The older guys are there, but when i go to the players instruction of the young player i don't have the option to chose a tutor for him. So i guess theres is a something that has to be done, maybe the have to play a couple games together, or some time has to pass first...

So, what exactly is it?

Hey there,

so i have a bunch of young 9's in my team and i brought in a couple cheaper (or free) older tutors. Most notable Rivaldo, who will also play for me. He's still looks great for me :) Anyway, the question is why can't i tutor these young players? The older guys are there, but when i go to the players instruction of the young player i don't have the option to chose a tutor for him. So i guess theres is a something that has to be done, maybe the have to play a couple games together, or some time has to pass first...

So, what exactly is it?

The reputation of the Tutor must be higher than the Youngster's. Also the Tutot must have the same or better squad status than the Youngster. So you can't have your 'National' reputation youngster being tutored y an older 'Obscure' player. Also your First Team youngster will not be able to be tutored by a Backup player.

Is Rivaldo a 1st team player or is he only in your squad with the aim of training up youngsters. If he is playing regularly and is an influential member of the team I think you can get him to tutor youngsters,if not I dont think the player is recognised as a good tutor.

Its a shame as I once did the same thing, signing some older players for Man Utd who had excellent mental stats and preferred moves who had excelled for my hugely successful Den Bosch.Forsomereason I couldnt get the youngtsers to learn from them.I think it is for the reason above.

The reputation of the Tutor must be higher than the Youngster's. Also the Tutot must have the same or better squad status than the Youngster. So you can't have your 'National' reputation youngster being tutored y an older 'Obscure' player. Also your First Team youngster will not be able to be tutored by a Backup player.

Then why I saw Kaboul tutoring King in that Funny Screenshots Thread?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/32338-Funny-Screenshots-Thread/page26

look at #2547 , the top message in the SS, and it's only July 2010!!???

Then why I saw Kaboul tutoring King in that Funny Screenshots Thread?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/32338-Funny-Screenshots-Thread/page26

look at #2547 , the top message in the SS, and it's only July 2010!!???

I am not sure I am getting your point?? ... I am guessing that Kaboul has a better reputation score and at least the same squad status as King.

Why do people speak in abbreviations all the time ? What does GD mean ?

Means the general discussion forum. If you are struggling with some of the abbreviations around here check out the Good Player And Team Guide Forum FAQ, which is stickied at the top of the page. In that thread there is a list of abbreviations and there meanings. :thup:

I am not sure I am getting your point?? ... I am guessing that Kaboul has a better reputation score and at least the same squad status as King.

I'm not sure if in July 2010, Kaboul's rep can surpass King.

Even if that's what happened, I still believe King is too old to be tutored, or I got the whole concept of tutoring wrong?

I must admit I have no clue as to who or what Kaboul and King are ... and I have no idea what version the person who posted that screen shot is playing.

Just referring to some random screen shot doesn't mean anything at all.

I had no idea about this. Eh, thanks i guess :) Now i have around 7-8 older guys in my team for no valid reason. Most of my young players are quality and allready have a high rep and team status. Rivaldo is tutoring one of my guys and some other guy is and i think Litmannen is, but the others nothing. I don't care about the money. Have way too much anyway, but i looked for these guys and just wasted my time. Anyway, thanks :)

Archived