FM 2011: Regen Poaching

We probably all do it. When the top leagues get an intake of new regens during the summer, we seek out the top new youth players and see if we can sign them for free. It is one of the activities I look forward to every time the season is over. I have however had the feeling that it may not be the most fair or the most realistic. I was wondering if the ability to poach regens so easily from other teams will continue in FM 2011? If the developers haven't thought about it, what does everyone else think? Should the system stay as is, or should there be a feature that prevents some of the stronger clubs from signing all of the best players for free?

Is there not a tribunal fee even for youth players? For example, 'X will pay 500,000 now, possibly rising to 2,000,000'?

I'm with you on this one.

I trawl the regens on every required date - usually pick up 10-15 new players for my youth squad each season.

But not one of them has ever been for "free". I prefer to make a solid offer rather than "approach to sign".

I dis-agree. I often find clubs are willing to accept offers much lower than the tribunal fee.

Correctamundo.

I've bought a lot of players for £500,000 or so, whereas the tribunal sets it as high as £3.3m when taking into account future sell-on fees.

Archived