player prefered moves dont change with player age

I've got a 36 year old Steven Gerrard in my team and he still has a PPM of 'gets forward at every opportunity', or something similar.

unless this is a one off, it doesn't seem to change the PPM when a plyaer gets old.

I very much doubt that Gerrard would have the fitness and desire at that age to get forward at every opportunity and just like Ryan Giggs has tailored his game in real life, i believe the PPMs in game should change too.

Obviously i have changed how i allow Gerrard to play - I no longer have him as an attacking mildfield playmaker and instead have him as a normal midfielder with support functionality but it seems like this is a compromise with me trying to override his natural inclination when i should be complimenting it instead.

what do you think?

I've got a 36 year old Steven Gerrard in my team and he still has a PPM of 'gets forward at every opportunity', or something similar.

unless this is a one off, it doesn't seem to change the PPM when a plyaer gets old.

I very much doubt that Gerrard would have the fitness and desire at that age to get forward at every opportunity and just like Ryan Giggs has tailored his game in real life, i believe the PPMs in game should change too.

Obviously i have changed how i allow Gerrard to play - I no longer have him as an attacking mildfield playmaker and instead have him as a normal midfielder with support functionality but it seems like this is a compromise with me trying to override his natural inclination when i should be complimenting it instead.

what do you think?

I'd get rid of him as soon as he would turn 35. Just my managerial rules. Anyway, I don't like the idea as I pay a lot of atention to PPM's and what my players to hvae PPM's that I think are needed for their position. Just in case of misunderstanding, I do understand you. Scholes is the bes RL example, he doesn't bursts into the area anymore etc he is more deep-lying now.

Scholes is the bes RL example, he doesn't bursts into the area anymore etc he is more deep-lying now.

exactly. and i dont think that this is just a case of Ferguson playing SCholes in a slightly different way that overrides Scholes' natural desire to get forward. The two would surely compliment each other.

gerrard still has very got technical and mental skills though, which is why i'm not getting rid of him. he did well as a 35 year old and is currently playing the odd game when i'm struggling to break a team down. his passing is still great.

I think it would be a good idea if players PPM's changed but only if they are reasonable which in your case it is. I also think it has something to do with stats. So depending what his stats are he may still be able to do it.

for a 36 year old his physical stats are still quite good. but they have gone down. they're around the 8-12 mark i believe.

but taking into account his mental stats are high he should have a bit of common sense to know that he should use his mental and tactical nouse when playing rather than always trying to use his physique to do the work for him.

Archived