One club players (Keep your good regens til they retire)

Who did achieve that ? Playing your own best regen(s) regularly and keep him (them) at the club til he (they) retire ?

I'm particularly interested in career games feedback on this. I started in Danish 2nd division and currently playing Premiere League for my 9th season. Still two regens in my starting 11, although I barely have one good regen every four years with my very poor young facilities. One is pretty average, the other being my star regen and youngest player record... I receive transfer rumours to a bigger club every week for him.

Also bought a goalkeeper first season (17 years old) and it would break my heart to ever replace him, even if we loose every match by 3-0. He played 250 matches for me.

Surely the romantic side of management ! Post your dafuge style records here !

On my long term game, while I didn't have any proper 1 club players, when I was Liverpool, I signed a lot of players in my first season there (2021-2022). On that game I'm now in 2035(February), with Spurs, but I still like that a some of my signings are still there.

The goalkeeper I signed, Miguel, now aged 38. A winger I signed, called Eddie Lawless, now aged 32. And two of the strikers I signed, called Richard Taylor and Nathan Vasquez, aged 33 and 37 respectively. I still pick Taylor for my England teams, despite having loads of options in that area, and Vasquez is possibly my favourite player ever. He's still amazing at age 37, I'm sure the game has actually glitched, as he's hardly declined at all. Last time I checked he had over 700 appearances and over 600 goals. With 201 caps and close to 200 goals. I've tried to sign him countless times for Spurs.

I joined Huddersfield on FM2010, in 2012, they were a mid-table team in League One and one of the first things that struck me was that 16 year Old defender Luke Farrell (coming up for his 17th birthday) had had around 25 games in the previous season. When he was 18 he captained my side to promotion to the Championship scoring 6 goals. A regular at England Under 21 level, he got promotion with us to the Premiership at the age of 21. He lifted the FA Cup trophy at the age of 23 and got his first England cap. I managed to play this save game until he was 28, had over 50 caps and was wanted by all top clubs around Europe. And his stats weren't all that good. Talk about one club legend!

My regen fullback, Luke Hoyte, has been with my St. Albans City side since we were in Blue Square South. We're now in the Championship in season 2019 and he has played in every division. 251 games and 3 goals in total. He's won BSS, BSP and League Two titles.

He is definitely playing above his level now though. I'm intending to keep him on so that he can (hopefully) play in the Premier League one day. But he'll never be a regular again. Eventually, I guess I'll have to sell him on. :(

That's the closest I've got so far.

This is my baby. Came through the academy alongside a worldclass centreback, who unfortunately grew tired of winning things and had his head turned by City. But this boy became my club captain and is twenty appearances off Eden Hazard's club record. Alas I have a queue of about five future world-class midfielders who are breathing down his neck...there's only so long I can keep farming them out on loan...but I could never sell him. The sooner he takes a rotation contract the better...I love him.

Picture3-5.png

Picture4-4.png

Picture5-3.png

Quite interested how possible this is to do, i mean, the vast majority of my regens have been poor, and I only play long-term saves. Do you guys find that you get enough newgens coming through your youth systems to sustain a quality side as I have always had to resort to poaching youngsters from other teams - because if you can, then it's definitely something I'm going to implement when I get Fm11

Quite interested how possible this is to do, i mean, the vast majority of my regens have been poor, and I only play long-term saves. Do you guys find that you get enough newgens coming through your youth systems to sustain a quality side as I have always had to resort to poaching youngsters from other teams - because if you can, then it's definitely something I'm going to implement when I get Fm11

It is definitely possible, it just takes a very long time and a lot of patience.

I don't think so. I have top class facilities, and I've had two world class players, another who'd be a top striker for mid-table, and a relegation standard goalkeeper in 20 years. The rest have been dire. And when I say I dire, I mean can-barely-kick-a-ball dire. I can't see how anyone could ever ever ever have built a championship winning team off the back of their academy alone.

well i was stupid and due to this i havent. I got a fantastic regen at 15 (i think) in Juan Garcia Calvo, an absolute world beater, best regen i had ever seen, after 9 season Valencia offered me 41 million and i accepted, he went there, the very next season i paid 36 and got him back cause he just left a huge hole in my team, and then he retired at 38, so he had 23 professional seasons, 22 with me and 1 with valencia, have always kicked myself for it

There are a couple of regens i would have liked to stay their whole careers with me at Man Utd but when they reach their mid 20's they always seem to want a new challenge and I end up have to sell them which is frustrating. I do have one regen who i signed at 17 when he first appeared in the game. He went straight into my first team and had now scored 106 in 367 as a winger and is now 31.

I had a decent (not world class) defender who played at right-back for me most of the time (although he makes a good central defender, none could beat him in the air) at st Mirren for many years, I only let him go when he was thirty two or thirty three. He was never that amazing a player, but he was versatile, reliable, and he'd been with us through thick and thin from near the start, he came through the youth ranks, was there when we won our first european trophy, and still there when we won our first champions league, and still there a good 7 or so later.

I felt hurt when I let him go, but I just couldn't see a future for him at the club, I had my eyes on a young right-back, he was declining, and if I didn't bring in more young players I risked not even having three under-21 players for my matches which is a requirement (despite having an average squad age of 23, ironically most of my match-day squad is over 21).

I do have players that will come close to one-club men, but they didn't originate at the club, so the do not count - even though one I snapped up before he played a single game for his club.

A great topic, I always immerse myself in the game and hope for players who can become one club players. The only one I have had is Ledley King, though I have bought a few youth prospects that I would never sell, but they started at other clubs so it doesn't really count.

It's always possible even if you're not Man Utd. I have poor young facilities and a really slooooow chairman (club just gained professional status after 10 seasons) but as I said I have had one good midfielder who could be in the danish squad one day, and a decent defender. They won't help winning the Champions League but I love them too.

I have a few instances of this, particularly when you see your name listed in their favourite personnel.

I signed a Turkish goalkeeper who went on to register with Holland (second nationality) who came to the club at the age of 16 for about £2m. I initially played him in the cups, the odd Champions League game when we had already qualified and if I ever won the premierleague early I would also give him some games.

He's now listed as World Class, his value is now over £20m and he has already shunned comments from other managers and clearly has no interest in moving. He's already been with the club six years so I have a feeling he will go down as being legendary.

Out of all the games I have created and played I have never had a regen goalkeeper who has turned out to be World Class, so I will treasure this moment :D

It is definitely possible, it just takes a very long time and a lot of patience.

How much time are we talking? I usually get to maybe 50+ seasons in and yet as i've said, my regens tend to be on the whole, worse than useless. I do get the odd one or two few years that are very good to world class, but i'd say probably 80% are at best 2nd or 3rd tier players. Also should point out that this is with top facilities, coaches and all the rest of it.

As mentioned previously, I'd really like to implement it to a certain degree in my FM11 save but I don't want to find that i'm flogging a dead horse

How much time are we talking? I usually get to maybe 50+ seasons in and yet as i've said, my regens tend to be on the whole, worse than useless. I do get the odd one or two few years that are very good to world class, but i'd say probably 80% are at best 2nd or 3rd tier players. Also should point out that this is with top facilities, coaches and all the rest of it.

As mentioned previously, I'd really like to implement it to a certain degree in my FM11 save but I don't want to find that i'm flogging a dead horse

The first thing is to forget about having a team full of world class players, it just isn't going to happen. I'd say that on average I get one or two players a year who are good enough to make my first team squad, but the really good ones only come along every five or six years or so. You really do need to discard the vast majority and build the squad over a long period of time and accept the fact that you are going to be working with players who are nothing like the standard that you could be buying.

Ive got a few in 2024.

30 year old midfielder who has played 399 league games.

30 year old striker with 312 goals in 440 league games (although he got 27 of them on loan at Coventry when he 18). Also 40 in 76 for England.

35 year old Jordan Henderson is still there (Im Sunderland) with 454 games inc. 2 loan spells

27 year old left winger/ striker, 284 games

And a 27 year old left back, 269 games

Havent signed a player for 3 and a half seasons and usually just finish in the top six. Hard to do much better when the back up players are all youngsters but Id rather have one club players than spend £100m to win everything every year.

Archived