Help!! I can't cancel future transfers in the game?

I think this option was available in previous versions but isn't now.

I'm assuming its because in 'real life' once you have signed a legal contract the deal has to be completed and thats why we now have no option available to get out of it.

I think you should be able to negotiate a cancellation, starting by giving back/taking back the transfer money and then negotiating some sort of compensation fee.

No matter what one of the clubs is going to be unhappy and unlikely to want to cancel the transfer. The current situation works, don't buy players you don't want and everyone stays happy.

Yes it has, it happened with Alejandro Faurlin who was going to Inter and then that was cancelled to he could go to QPR. He was never an Inter player, even after the transfer was confirmed.

That was different - Inter had a first option clause that QPR bought out for £500,000.

when it comes January 2nd, the transfer will pop up to confirm it, just click cancel. That option comes up on the morning of the proposed transfer

This is not true. If the transfer has been agreed then you cannot cancel it. You get the above option after the player has accept your contract offer

i'm sure thats not right, if he runs out of transfer money and the 3rd transfer comes up it will ask if he wants to delay the transfer for a week or just cancel it, I'm sure it does

If you're still negotiating - sure.

But this OP has completed the transfer and wants to cancel it.

No chance.

i'm sure thats not right, if he runs out of transfer money and the 3rd transfer comes up it will ask if he wants to delay the transfer for a week or just cancel it, I'm sure it does

if u dont have enough money in bank to cover the 3 transfers u just go into debt when they are all completed....

u cant cancel future transfers in game...

if u dont want him that much use FMRTE to change it

You definatly cant cancel a transfer that has been confirmed. On the old games in the CMseries you could but this made it all too easy for us to sign hauds of players with the aim of selling them on in the future (cancelling the ones you dont think ou require at a later date). The current system is accurate and works well.

I believe the money for the future deal comes out of your current transfer budget...doesnt it?

As someone has already said, you just have to be 100% certain you want a player when you confirm the deal. Good thing is that with Lukaku, even if for some bizarre reason you dont want him, there will be plenty of takers.

Transfer budget: £3m

Club finances: £20m

You sign a player for £2m (even if he does not join for 6 months)

Transfer budget £1m

Club finances: £18m

And no you cannot cancel a legally binding contract. Well, not unless you want this to be Law manager 2010, I have studied law... just... don't :p

Archived