Support for the List section of the editor for FM11 (aka Advanced Panel)

I know that Miles has said in the podcast that you can create continental competitions in the editor with FM11, but I want to know if this is as part of Nation Rules, or maybe a similar International Rules, or if this is as part of the List section (aka Advanced Panel, see this thread for more information about this hidden section of the editor).

Also there have been requests for the in game competitions to be editable, as right now the comps.efa file cannot be used outside of the game. It would be easier to release downloads if people had access to this.

Also I would like to call for support for the Advanced Panel and although I am not the first, I would like to seek an answer as to whether we are getting this so that I know where I stand when I start my project for FM11.

Well, two reasons why I personally make competitions that are not realistic. One is that I want to see if I can - I like to test myself and see if I can master the editor. The second is that it can make the game a little bit different, which can always be interesting.

There is a third reason too I guess, to go historical. For example I would love to be able to properly implement the old CL, with only Champions in it.

On the thread's topic, I agree completely =D

As Miles announced the feature, i think it means that we can edit continental competitions without using the advanced panel, because it is already possible with the advanced panel so it would be a bit stupid to announce it as a new feature if it is what we already have

The Editors Hideout would be the best place! :):thup:

Right here.

I post there, I know where it is. I am posting a suggestion.

I ve never understood why people would add unrealistic continental competitions ? I ll take the chance of this thread to ask :)

Some people request the old style Euro cups like the CWC, but I merely mentioned the continental cups because it means SI have made a change to the editor and I want to know what it is. Is it support for the Advanced Panel?

As Miles announced the feature, i think it means that we can edit continental competitions without using the advanced panel, because it is already possible with the advanced panel so it would be a bit stupid to announce it as a new feature if it is what we already have

The feature is there but it's not supported. Probably because less than 1% would use it, but nevertheless it is a far more powerful tool than the standard rules.

I say, let's wait and see. :D

I want to know so I can plan for my next release.

Oh, and the ability to edit existing competitions without starting from scratch, as I mentioned in the first post.

I ve never understood why people would add unrealistic continental competitions ? I ll take the chance of this thread to ask :)

As long as we are discussing unrealistic occurrences in the game, how realistic is it to have an 18 year old managing Chelsea?

I know that Miles has said in the podcast that you can create continental competitions in the editor with FM11, but I want to know if this is as part of Nation Rules, or maybe a similar International Rules, or if this is as part of the List section (aka Advanced Panel, see this thread for more information about this hidden section of the editor).

Also there have been requests for the in game competitions to be editable, as right now the comps.efa file cannot be used outside of the game. It would be easier to release downloads if people had access to this.

Also I would like to call for support for the Advanced Panel and although I am not the first, I would like to seek an answer as to whether we are getting this so that I know where I stand when I start my project for FM11.

I agree, it would be nice to have some clarification on this before release, as I also have a massive project planned but it's difficult to plan anything until we know the functionality of the FM11 editor.

I agree, it would be nice to have some clarification on this before release, as I also have a massive project planned but it's difficult to plan anything until we know the functionality of the FM11 editor.

Glad to see someone else wanting this feature clarified.

My guess is SI use this section for the actual in game rules, but encrypt the file into the comps.efa file that cannot be read. I believe this file would be the one that contains all leagues, stages etc. It would be awesome if this could be changed as it would save us so much time!

But if my assumption that SI uses these rules I doubt they would let us know, or even if they did they would not support it.

Upon release however I may decide to do a YouTube guide of this section to get more people involved.

Archived