FourFourTwo's 10 underrated players in EPL

We are comparing them to FM so its fine in here. Some may say good player and team guide - but I think it fine in here - as its more active in here.

Edit: Just seen the players - and thers a reson why they are all underrated....because they should be lol!!! I mean Park! Just watched him tonight and he runs around like a headless chicken!!! Wait for Man Utd fans to jump on me!!! lol

Larsson is an average player. I know a lot of Blues fans who think he's pretty average.

A lot of them are correct although not that under-rated amongst fans of their club or who watch the game extensively I don't think.

I mean if you watched the Premiership last year, you'd know Roger Johnson is a good player. You'd know Lee is a bright spark for Bolton. Samba, who doesn't think Samba's any good?

I'd say the most under-rated player is Titus Bramble. The guy gets plenty of stick but is a very solid defender.

I'd say the most under-rated player is Titus Bramble. The guy gets plenty of stick but is a very solid defender.

Agreed.

Prior to last season my answer would have been Scott Parker. I have been an admirer of him for years and have always felt he could make it at a big club.

Scott Parker has been awesome since forever on Champ/FM. I certainly built a few of my Charlton sides around him. Chelsea held him back (although it was is own stupid fault). I've forgiven him now though and he's due a proper move again soon I think. As for the list Seb Larsson and Park are the only two that are pushing it. I think both of them are slightly overrated if anything.

Larsson is an average player. I know a lot of Blues fans who think he's pretty average.

A lot of them are correct although not that under-rated amongst fans of their club or who watch the game extensively I don't think.

I mean if you watched the Premiership last year' date=' you'd know Roger Johnson is a good player. You'd know Lee is a bright spark for Bolton. Samba, who doesn't think Samba's any good?

I'd say the most under-rated player is Titus Bramble. The guy gets plenty of stick but is a very solid defender.[/quote']

Are you kidding me? Bramble it utterly hopeless in defence, he is storng and big, yet inttelegence and skill wise, he should be in the Championship.

Out of those players I'd say that the most under-rated by the people I speak top is Kevin Doyle. Samba is noted for being a great commanding defender. Park, Larsson, and Hughes are all international players and have had more than their fair share of airtime. Johnson is quite under-rated byt he has even been talked about as an England player recently.

I watched quite a few Wolves matches last year as I really wanted them to do well (even as a Villa fan!) and Doyle has an all round ability. He can hold the ball up, challenge in the air effectively, finish, create and he works hard for the team. I'm picking him!

On FM however the most under-rated might well be either Johnson or Samba

Are you kidding me? Bramble it utterly hopeless in defence, he is storng and big, yet inttelegence and skill wise, he should be in the Championship.

Speaking as someone who watches Bramble week in and week out I can say that you don't have a clue.

He has been one of our best players this season with some fantastic displays, and at £1m looks like a real bargain.

Kevin Doyle could play for a top 4 club imho. He's a top class all round striker. Quite well represented in FM I think

I completely agree, I think he has been rated as a "Good Premier League player" for around 4 years now. 15+ in a lot of key attribute areas as well, with heading and finishing sticking to mind if I recall correctly.

Maybe not Top 4, but Top Half always a key player.

okay matey tell me how many sunderland games you've seen this season? and i don't mean edited highlights on alan shearer's football show i.e match of the day.

As in Ipswich fan, I am an admiring of Titus. Great player. Does no one remember his best performance ever against the arsenal when he was at Wigan. That performance was the best defence performance I have seen. He is a solid defender and in my opinion overlooked by most. Solid player and for £1m that is a bargain. Sunderland should be over the moon and Wigan should be in tears

Speaking as someone who watches Bramble week in and week out I can say that you don't have a clue.

He has been one of our best players this season with some fantastic displays, and at £1m looks like a real bargain.

Spot on, I agree. Bramble gets a lot of stick because those couple horrendous years at Newcastle. But honestly how many times do you hear Bramble make a mistake these days? Hardly ever, yet when he does everyone thinks it's hilarious and thinks it's the same old Bramble... Everyone jumps on the bandwagon, if you take the care to watch him for Sunderland and Wigan last year you'd realise he's actually developed into a solid and in some cases dominating centre back.

Spot on, I agree. Bramble gets a lot of stick because those couple horrendous years at Newcastle. But honestly how many times do you hear Bramble make a mistake these days? Hardly ever, yet when he does everyone thinks it's hilarious and thinks it's the same old Bramble... Everyone jumps on the bandwagon, if you take the care to watch him for Sunderland and Wigan last year you'd realise he's actually developed into a solid and in some cases dominating centre back.

couldnt agree more mate speaking as a season ticket holder at sol you've summed it up quite well.

If Park wasn't South Korean he'd not play anywhere near as much for Man Utd.

Ok, if he can do a job (which he can obviously), but his signing is as much a commercial one as a playing one.

Even beetroot head ferguson knows when to wind his neck in.

Then why does Fergie play Park in all the big games? I very much dowt a top manager like fergie would play a player simply to gain the club cash. IMO Park is underated in FM.

Larsson hugely underrated, one of the best set-piece takers and crossers in the league, hardworking to boot. Really good when he's allowed to get forward consistently.

Etherington certainly deserves his place on the list. Doyle is a great player but not actually sure he is under-rated, he's generally recognised as being excellent AFAIK.

I would have said Joe Hart last season, but obviously he’s being recognised now (though he is quality in FM,) however, I’d have to go with Robbie Keane, he should really be playing in the Spuds first team after his form at Celtic last season. I don’t think he gets the rating he deserves, should be ahead of Crouch and Defoe in the pecking order. :)

If Park wasn't South Korean he'd not play anywhere near as much for Man Utd.

Ok, if he can do a job (which he can obviously), but his signing is as much a commercial one as a playing one.

Even beetroot head ferguson knows when to wind his neck in.

Err... no. The writer of the article gets it spot on. Park is a very tactically aware player, and as such is a great player to have around against the top teams.

The guys where I used to work were aghast when I told them that Bramble was one of the best English CB's around atm, but when they thought about it they realised I was correct.

Pretty good list aside from Etherington, who is a Championship-calibre player IMO.

.Indeed. I also don't rate Samba particularly highly. I think that James Collins could be in the list, as he has been good for Villa since his move. Emile Heskey.

I think what people, including the writer of this article, get confused about is the difference between under-rated and unheralded. I would suggest that most of his list are unheralded rather than under-rated.

Matthew Etherington has time and time again been a shining light in a fountain of sewage, whilst at West Ham he should have been the man to fill England's problem on the left wing. (don't jump on me, Downing was so inconsistent and there wasn't another left winger with any talent) He makes stoke and their style of play half acceptable. He is no world beater but he does the job and will continue to.

IMO on FM10 Stuart Holden of Bolton is extremely underrated. This can be forgiven however as he did start the season as an almost unknown in texas.

I would have said Joe Hart last season, but obviously he’s being recognised now (though he is quality in FM,) however, I’d have to go with Robbie Keane, he should really be playing in the Spuds first team after his form at Celtic last season. I don’t think he gets the rating he deserves, should be ahead of Crouch and Defoe in the pecking order. :)

I have to say that you are completely wrong. Yes, Robbie works very hard for the team, but thats about it for me. I don't know what Liverpool have done to him because since he left spurs he has not had a very good time (except against Burnley last season). The loan stint at Celtic doesn't count as my mum could be a 20-goal a season striker in Scotland.

I have to say that you are completely wrong. Yes, Robbie works very hard for the team, but thats about it for me. I don't know what Liverpool have done to him because since he left spurs he has not had a very good time (except against Burnley last season). The loan stint at Celtic doesn't count as my mum could be a 20-goal a season striker in Scotland.

Is your mum on FM, I’m doing a Kilmarock save and am struggling to find a goal scorer ..

*safety wink*

I still rate Robbie Keane, more than Crouch and Defoe. He’s no David Villa or Wayne Rooney, but he’s still class. :)

Archived