Possibly my greatest ever achievement.....ever!!

IMT

Apologies in advance for those of you that hate these self satisfying posts, but in all my years of CM/FM I have never won the Champions League, had a spate of semi finals with Norwich in FM07, but nothing close since (I never manage big clubs mind), and I have just made Brackley Town the 2023 European Champions in my first ever CL campaign with them, to say I am delighted is an understatement (the missus currently thinks I have lost the plot and I think my 2 year old is scared, lol).

Next stop to win the Premier League (finished 3rd twice now)!!!

Apologies in advance for those of you that hate these self satisfying posts, but in all my years of CM/FM I have never won the Champions League, had a spate of semi finals with Norwich in FM07, but nothing close since (I never manage big clubs mind), and I have just made Brackley Town the 2023 European Champions in my first ever CL campaign with them, to say I am delighted is an understatement (the missus currently thinks I have lost the plot and I think my 2 year old is scared, lol).

hahaha good lad well done mate, i was fulham for 10 years only won 1 fa cup, and finished 8 was the highest ive done, then i went to barnet when straight to the prem with in 4 seasons, come 3rd after 3 seasons won champions league but manage to get relagated? i was in the championship but in the champions league also, i can prove it il up load hahahaha

Great story. Congratulations and well done to you! :)

Nice one.

Like real life, it is hard to win on FM (rightly so). So is an acheivement!! I remember an old Betis save where (even if I do say so myself :D ) I had an absolute superteam that creamed La Liga year in, year out, but every freaking year I'd lose out in Champions League QFs, SFs, or the Final out of bad luck, loss of form, suspensions and injuries to key players or my players simply bottling it. Betis/La Liga became boring, but 10 seasons on I could NOT move to a new challenge until I won that damn jug eared cup!!

Congratulations :)

^^^ Bejesus, what a comeback with 3 mins to go!!!!! And the winner in last min of Extra Time. I'd have been going nuts!!!!!

Makes the second half in Istanbul in 2005 look like fluff.

What did you do?? Anything subs/tactics?? Or just roll of the dice??

^^^ Bejesus, what a comeback with 3 mins to go!!!!! And the winner in last min of Extra Time. I'd have been going nuts!!!!!

Makes the second half in Istanbul in 2005 look like fluff.

What did you do?? Anything subs/tactics?? Or just roll of the dice??

Ah, dramatic comebacks... its what dreams are made of

Yes, that night in Istanbul was dreamy.

still get goose bumps watching this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3hLTcKTDO0

& the 2005 Liverpool season review.

Archived