Does anyone know which was the highest selling CM/FM game?

Strange then that they still aren´t able to afford licenses for player photos from all countries and tournaments like Champions League and Europa League...

I believe that is very expsensive, but would be nice to have it.

FM 10 is my first FM game :D

To be honest, I was into those online football manager games.. (not the FM one) I used to hear random things online on how the FM game was really complex and daunting.

After playing the very bland online football managers online (not being able to see the players actually SCORE the goals made the whole experience feel somewhat incomplete), I decided to do some research on FM games, did some on 2010 and saw that it implemented a 3D match engine, and that the UI was redesigned to help newcomers to the series. So I thought, what better way to start? And here we are, now I'm drooling in anticipation for FM 11!

Strange then that they still aren´t able to afford licenses for player photos from all countries and tournaments like Champions League and Europa League...

Its not always about affordability, its also availability. I believe EA have all the licenses exclusively for UEFA/FIFA.

why should SI bother about faces and team names if there is someone else that does it for free? :D
I rather have licensed leagues and teams than licensed photos. That can be easily (and very well) done by the community.

Its not a case of being bothered. And yes Jericho we'd all like that but see below:

Its not always about affordability, its also availability. I believe EA have all the licenses exclusively for UEFA/FIFA.
It doesn't matter how much money you have if someone else already has the long term rights.

That's not entirely true. PES also has the UEFA, Europa and some club licences. So it's not completely exclusive I think.

The champions and europa league rights change hands rapidly. PES has them now but EA had them in 2008 I think as that was when they made a champions league game I think. Before then it was some other company that used to make the game and bring it out but it was never all that good and never sold too many copies anyway.

Archived