apart from increasing the size of the stadium, cutting back on wages, selling players and the obvious, winning games, are there any other wasy of making money??

ws just wondering, any ways of making money would be great

thanks

Originally posted by Dar2000:

Linking up with an affiliate for commercial benefits. If you have been with your club a while, ask the board for a feeder club and you may have the option of choosing which type you want.

You'll only get this option if you're a big-to-massive club. Won't work with the likes of Chester City, or even Wigan Athletic! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dar2000:

Linking up with an affiliate for commercial benefits. If you have been with your club a while, ask the board for a feeder club and you may have the option of choosing which type you want.

You'll only get this option if you're a big-to-massive club. Won't work with the likes of Chester City, or even Wigan Athletic! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats true of course, probably will work with most top flight clubs.

I should also have said that does not give you instant cash, but over time you may generate big profits depending who you are

Affiliate clubs are probably the best way - try to sign a high profile player from that nation as well - e.g. if you have a japanese merchandising feeder club, try and sign nakamura - also conduct a pre-season tour in that country.

Some clubs have investments - my chelsea side currently have £300m in "investments" although i'm not sure how they intend to use it lol.

Buy lots of cheap young players with reasonable potential - i make about 15-20m a year selling off failed youth prospects, because i spend around £6m a year on a load of youth players.

Lastly if your team organises a "fan day" then perform well and you will see a large increase in attendances, which = more cash.

• get rid of those tropical fish

<LI>rent out your stadium to second rate bands to perform at

<LI>sign a useless asian player just so it increases popularity with asian fans

<LI>increase your season ticket prices above inflation, even though your team performed badly last season

<LI>sell your merchandise that costs 2p to make for £40.00

anyway, in FM prioritze (?) cup games the prize money will give you a little boost, unless you are a big team and then only the champions league money will make any difference.

well iv asked the club for a commercial link and am now waiting till after the board meeting, i wil buy a player from the country of the club and go on a tour there

any other advice would be great, thanks a lot so far

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

• get rid of those tropical fish

<LI>rent out your stadium to second rate bands to perform at

<LI>sign a useless asian player just so it increases popularity with asian fans

<LI>increase your season ticket prices above inflation, even though your team performed badly last season

<LI>sell your merchandise that costs 2p to make for £40.00

All good, except that you'll need to pay the fish compensation unless they agree to mutual termination (a cat can come in handy here) icon_wink.gif

Archived