When to spend money, tax avoidance etc

Ok looking for someone with more knowledge of the finanical side of the game to assist me here please.

I noticed if you make say £50m profit one year, then the next year you will be paying £20+ in tax. (seemed that way). So my questions were:

- Is the tax year april to april or as I suspect season to season (31st june = 31st june)

- Is it then a good idea to spend alot of money on players in Aug and Jan to ensure your running a low bank balance, which then gets counteracted by the prize money given in May/June, thus you will end in profit but not as much as if you just took all prize money and then spent it the next season.

Tricky one as I like to mkae good profits each year, but then get hammered for tax :(

Tax year is April to April. However, it depends on the particular "year end" of the company (i.e football club) involved which in practice works out as "month ends" relevant to that particular company such as 31st Dec being particularly popular.

My guess is that this isnt modelled in game and hence, all the clubs will most likely be subject to the same hypothetical tax years so I would suggest finding the date in-game that you pay tax, and use that as the guide.

I've tried to play around with my finances/transfers to get the tax/dividends balance right in order to make a profit, it is hard work. I found that spreading incoming transfer fees over four years meant you weren't hit with the large tax bill for the quick profit. Clubs are also willing to pay more when the fee is spread out which is a bit of a bonus.

Archived