I have a son!

Linus

... and he is awesome:

Uv496.png

I'm playing the Lithuanian leagues so there are no other Norton's in game.

I had to re-roll on the end of season quite a few times to get him.

Now if I can become manager of Lithuania and have him score the winning goal at the World Cup Final I will have "completed" the game.

Edit: also, I need a stadium named after me

I had to re-roll on the end of season quite a few times to get him.

Now if I can become manager of Lithuania and have him score the winning goal at the World Cup Final I will have "completed" the game.

Just out of interest, how many times (roughly) did you have to replay the end of the season? I've played a stupid number of seasons since this feature was introduced without having a son :(

I remember that quote :D Someone like Gudge wasn't it?

Labas!

Do you play in the Lithuanian leagues? Or is your nationality set to Lithuanian?

Just my nationality. Managing in the Scottish leagues currently in 2046. Maybe in FM11 I will active more leagues now that I own a better computer! :) FC Klaipėda here I come...

Everybody does. You have to play for aaaages though. I also think you have to have success as well, and probably stay at the same club for a long time as well.

No, no & no.

You don't have to play for ages, you don't need success and you don't need to be at a club for a long time.

Every youth intake is completely random and you have the same chance of getting a son everytime the youth are generated albeit extremely thin (1/10,000 if the estimate).

No, no & no.

You don't have to play for ages, you don't need success and you don't need to be at a club for a long time.

Every youth intake is completely random and you have the same chance of getting a son everytime the youth are generated albeit extremely thin (1/10,000 if the estimate).

You show me somebody who gets a son in their second season then.

I'm guessing that age plays a part, and since I imagine most people will start with ages of around 25-30 then I think it would be pretty unlikely to get one in the second season. I may be wrong though, I'm just guessing about the age thing.

I'm sure there was a thread, maybe last year where someone got one at the end of the first season.

Anyway this guy got one in 2011: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/199193-Is-today-the-day-i-finally-had-a-son-in-the-game!?highlight=sons

Given how long the feature has been in the game and the number of threads that have discussed it over the last few years I'm fairly sure SI would have let slip by now if there were any additional restictions over and above random coincidence.

Which means I was right then. You probably will have to play for quite a bit of time until you get a son.

If I'm right apout the age thing (which I'm doubtful of), then starting a game with an age of 40-45 might mean you have the best chance of getting one in your second season. I'm not sure the chances go up in every individual season you play, apart from maybe with the age factor.

I think there was a thread on here a few days ago too where someone got a son in his second season. IIRC he was playing as Blackburn. I'm still waiting for my first ever son :( after years and years of CM/FM :(.

IMO it makes it a lot more special when it's very rare. I think there was also a thread in here a few days ago about making sons in the game more regular. I know there's the whole argument about managers IRL who have sons and FM is a game so should be more regular but for me, it should be very rare to make it special when it does happen. That's just me though :D.

Good luck mate. Here's for him being the next NF striker!

Cheers Fabio :thup:. He'll be weaned onto FM from an early age :D. He'll be signed up for the Forest Junior Reds too so hopefully you'll be hearing about Raware Jnr in 16-17 years time! :D

Cheers Fabio :thup:. He'll be weaned onto FM from an early age :D. He'll be signed up for the Forest Junior Reds too so hopefully you'll be hearing about Raware Jnr in 16-17 years time! :D

Would bring back memories when I sign him on FM in 16-17 years, with a -10 PA! :D

Theres a thread "I think I have a son."

I'm guessing that age plays a part, and since I imagine most people will start with ages of around 25-30 then I think it would be pretty unlikely to get one in the second season. I may be wrong though, I'm just guessing about the age thing.

Minimum age in FM is 30. And youngest FM parent i've seen is 32.

Curious what did you set your experience as at the start of the game was it automatic, sunday player, international player etc...? I noticed one chap that had a son had set his to International or whatever, not sure if this changes anythin but might be interesting if its the same as his.

Heard International Footballers have a higher chance.

They just cannot keep it in their pants:p

faceinthegame

Never worked for me :(

Archived