Discussions with players and agents for 2011

burgo

Hi Guys, just wondering how much impact this could have on potential recruitment.

My games are usually playing as teams who are not at the top echelon of European clubs and I get frustrated when players who I pick from reletive obscurity(or bring through the academy) and give them a chance to play Champions League and start to get caps for their nation as well all of a sudden say they want to move to a bigger club say in England who are not even playing in continental competions.

I am hoping in 2011 discussions that I can stipulate to my signings that player loyalty means a lot to me and that I want players to honour their contract, or at least get a feeling if they just see the club as a steping stone so I can manage the list better or just tell them to get stuffed.

I enjoy developing a core team of players who I can barrack and hate losing them in a move that I would consider a side step at best rather than step forward.

you summed it up in the last sentence, you consider it a side step whereas they may not. A good indicator is in your scout reports, if a player is quite loyal it will come up there, also you can intereact with a player wanting a move by saying "I want you to stay and help the club grow to where you want to be" but yer it might be handy to ask before they sign what their 5 year plan is etc

Hi Guys, just wondering how much impact this could have on potential recruitment.

My games are usually playing as teams who are not at the top echelon of European clubs and I get frustrated when players who I pick from reletive obscurity(or bring through the academy) and give them a chance to play Champions League and start to get caps for their nation as well all of a sudden say they want to move to a bigger club say in England who are not even playing in continental competions.

I am hoping in 2011 discussions that I can stipulate to my signings that player loyalty means a lot to me and that I want players to honour their contract, or at least get a feeling if they just see the club as a steping stone so I can manage the list better or just tell them to get stuffed.

I enjoy developing a core team of players who I can barrack and hate losing them in a move that I would consider a side step at best rather than step forward.

That would be really good. I hope that we have even better option with revamped and overhauled player interaction.

If you playing regular European football, wont the new Dynamic League Rep feature help to stop players moving to rubbish Prem teams with no European football just because of the higher reputation?

I hope you're right SteveRobbo, and my reposnse is that I would think that any significant movement in Dynamic League Rep will will take much longer than say 5 years and if I sign a player with a long term view the issue of him feeling he has achieved all he can at the club after 2 or 3 years can still occur.

Another point further to discussion with agents/players and I appologise if this has been brought up but would the agent or player intentionally lie to the manager to get signed and then just use as a stepping stone for bigger things?

Wait and see I guess, but I am quite excited with the Dynamic League Rep prospect.

I fully agree I have spent years with teams and made them a top domestic and European force then you win the premier league and a player wants to leave to a bigger club after saying I would like him to stay he hands in a transfer request so I thought well better to cash in on him than have him unsettled and not performing well then you constantly see these players end up somewhere like Everton or Aston villa who finish between 5 and 6 places below you this would never happen in real life NEVER so that genuinely needs addressing

i think the new dynamic league rep is 1 of the best things that fm have done, he did say in the video that they have been working on it for years to get it right, so im sure that if you was fulham everton villa etc etc and you won the league a few times it will count, as in fm 10 fm 09 winning the league for fulham counts for nothing really players still want to go to liverpool when they hadn't won nothing for years, but i think that has been sorted now, well hopfully!!

Archived