One season record

Takos

I was wondering what is everyone's record for criticizing the officials and getting a "FA is silent" message for one season. I ask this because I felt this last season I really got the shaft from the officials.

It was my first season in the Greek Superleague, I was promoted after my first season as manager of Pierikos from Greek League B (2018-2019 season). In fact this is my first time in Greece. I called out the officials 8 times in the Superleague this past season and 5 times, I repeat 5 times the FA was silent. I received 2 warnings and a 300 fine. I ended up managing to get 12th position with almost no transfer money given to me and stay up in my first season. But I believe if I wasn't basically screwed by the officials I could have ended up in a better league position. I don't believe Ive ever had more then 2 "silent's" in one season before.

What about you guys?

One, when I was trying to get a touchline ban deliberately to see what difference it would make.

I had a touchline ban once, basically you select your side, tactics as normal then when you go to the match you are unable to use shout, change tactics or make substitutions, your Ass Man does this.

Question is what is the point in criticizing the ref when all it leads to is "FA remain silent"? If I want my Ass Man to run a game I'll go on holiday for a week and tick the box saying "use current tactics and team selection where possible". I remember when, if you got a few criticisms right against the ref then that would lead to the ref being "rested" for a couple of weeks. Can anybody else remember this? What happened to it and what is the point of this feature at the moment?

Question is what is the point in criticizing the ref when all it leads to is "FA remain silent"? If I want my Ass Man to run a game I'll go on holiday for a week and tick the box saying "use current tactics and team selection where possible". I remember when, if you got a few criticisms right against the ref then that would lead to the ref being "rested" for a couple of weeks. Can anybody else remember this? What happened to it and what is the point of this feature at the moment?

If it doesn't lead to anything, I believe it should really be fixed. In the US if the officials in a sport get a bad rating they can be fined, suspended or even dropped from their position (some are forced to retire). I know in the NFL the game officials are only part time, not like in MLB or the NBA. But some game officials have received as much as 50% fine from their game day check for basically being bad at their job.

Now I know this would have no affect on the officials in FM as money isn't "real" for us. But maybe something else could be done to show those officials are being punished for bad calls. To me it isnt really realistic to have officials blow games and nothing happens to them in the end, even if its just superficial for us.

Archived