Better range and color of attributes, please...

I think the attributes should be in the range of 0-100 instead of 1-20. This would enable a better scope between awful players and the super stars. Also, I think they should be color-coded between dark red (lowest)-light red-dark orange-light orange-dark yellow-light yellow-light green-dark green-light blue-deep blue-black (highest) for easier recognition of player skill levels.

I think the attributes should be in the range of 0-100 instead of 1-20. This would enable a better scope between awful players and the super stars. Also, I think they should be color-coded between dark red (lowest)-light red-dark orange-light orange-dark yellow-light yellow-light green-dark green-light blue-deep blue-black (highest) for easier recognition of player skill levels.

Not sure about 0-100 ranges, why change now?

But certainly the colouring can be improved upon - but might not be seen if you're using a certain skin?

A 1-100 scale has been mentioned many times before, but I just don't think it is needed. The attributes are chosen by volunteer researchers, they have a hard enough job distinguishing between a 16 and a 17, let alone an 82 and an 83.

As for the colours, I think you can do this yourself, I just don't know how. The guys in the skinning hideout should be able to help you though.

It would be a good feature to include a feature to adjust attribute colors in-game, instead of through a skin/mod. This would allow more people to use it, even if they're intimidated with getting into the inner workings of the program. Personally, I would like to adjust the colors based on the league/club level I'm playing at. I find little use having multiple colored attribute levels under 10 if playing within an elite league.

1 I already answered the 1-100 thing with an illustration a long time ago which I'll repeat. Assume 40 variables (there are actually more) 20 grades for each variable gives 40^20 amount of different outcomes which comes to a total of 1.099511627776*10^52. For 100 grades this works out as 40^100 which equals 1.6069380442589902755419620923412*10^160. The system is quite large as it is, considering that the world currently is populated by roughly 7*10^10 (IIRC) people, far less than the variables available. Even if we assume only 1% of possible variables are available due to CA/PA constraints we're still getting a number with 50 digits so we're well covered.

2 As regards the colour scheme I managed to do this for myself (not quite as many grades) using MichaelmurrayUK's code for the default skins and changing the proflie atribute clours to:

<!-- profile attribute colours -->

<colour name="low attribute" red="75" green="116" blue="117" />

<colour name="normal attribute" red="52" green="168" blue="68" />

<colour name="good attribute" red="5" green="14" blue="111" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="149" green="40" blue="87" />

<colour name="special attribute" red="55" green="64" blue="71" />

<colour name="attribute label" red="55" green="64" blue="71" />

<colour name="special attribute label" red="55" green="64" blue="71" />

<colour name="low condition" red="169" green="23" blue="23" />

<colour name="mid condition" red="139" green="139" blue="139" />

<colour name="high condition" red="47" green="49" blue="40" />

in the base2010 settings xml file found in the C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\base2010\settings folder. You can change the thresholds for player ratings, and add in more at the player attributes panel.xml file found at C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\base2010\panels folder. I hope that helps.

Archived