Stadium creator.

Barrs

Someone might of posted this before, but couldn't find it.

I no it won't be long antill they bring staduim creator to football manager, FM has be doing alot of great things these pasted few years i.e 3d match, lower league etc etc, i do think they should bring this to fm, the fm team should get about 500 people creating the real stadiums for the football teams, i no it's alot to ask for but FM is capable of anything, i no theres lots of hard drive space, i checked it up, fm 2010 takes up 2 GB HD space, ive also got total war the new 1 which takes up 15 GB HD space, both of the games are sega, so i do think FM can still do so much more, i no things will take time, but staduim creator is a must soon, i no people are going to say it's a managing game, but it's true you want the football and the surroundings to look real as well as the wheeling and dealing, picking the team etc etc, and another thing make FM harder!! CHEERS!

Someone might of posted this before, but couldn't find it.

I no it won't be long antill they bring staduim creator to football manager, FM has be doing alot of great things these pasted few years i.e 3d match, lower league etc etc, i do think they should bring this to fm, the fm team should get about 500 people creating the real stadiums for the football teams, i no it's alot to ask for but FM is capable of anything, i no theres lots of hard drive space, i checked it up, fm 2010 takes up 2 GB HD space, ive also got total war the new 1 which takes up 15 GB HD space, both of the games are sega, so i do think FM can still do so much more, i no things will take time, but staduim creator is a must soon, i no people are going to say it's a managing game, but it's true you want the football and the surroundings to look real as well as the wheeling and dealing, picking the team etc etc, and another thing make FM harder!! CHEERS!

Good luck creating all the stadiums in the world!

Not in game no, but I dont think the OP was suggesting this. It would be good however for those who are capable and interested, to have the option by way of something similar to a data editor(ie packaged with the game), whereby FM users can skin their own stadiums and create stadium packs for the community.

Thats about as far as this idea needs to go.

What use would it be? A different view in the 3d Match engine? At no other point do I get to see my stadium. Yeah it might be a cool tweek for those with the talent and inclination to do so but for everyone else it would be a feature unused and that would be a major waste of time, space and energy for SI. The time put into developing the code for such a feature could be better used by trying to fine tune to transfer system or match engine graphics in general. I cannot count the number of times in a match where I see my goalie holding the ball over the touch line or going to throw it out and the ball goes back into the goals.

/rant

Managers have no hand in creating a stadium, end of.

I used to think that as well, but according to a book I just read, 'Arsènal' by Alex Flynn and Kevin Whitcher, Wenger had a decent amount of input into the Emirates.

I also think that there needs to be more reward for staying at a club and getting 30-40 years into the future.

As for the OP? No thanks, I'd rather my computer be able to run FM than have 'realistic stadiums'.

Make no mistake Wenger did not design the emirates.

Yes he probably had a say in how certain things should be laid out, what facilities should be there for the players, the dugouts etc etc but this would be very difficult and probably useless to implement in FM.

I used to think that as well, but according to a book I just read, 'Arsènal' by Alex Flynn and Kevin Whitcher, Wenger had a decent amount of input into the Emirates.

I also think that there needs to be more reward for staying at a club and getting 30-40 years into the future.

As for the OP? No thanks, I'd rather my computer be able to run FM than have 'realistic stadiums'.

Wenger, perhaps. That's probably the only manager in the world. The manager of Wealdstone might not be so fortunate.

the fm team should get about 500 people creating the real stadiums for the football teams,

That would involve SI more than doubling their amount of employees.

It's not at all worthwhile. Too much time, too graphics intensive, too expensive (licenses would be required). How many people know what the Kassam Stadium looks like?

How would it make FM harder? Why is it a must? What percentage of FM gamers care about aesthetics to such a degree? Why is the size of Total War relevant?

Also, could you try and use the best English you can? Many of our users are foreign and struggle to understand poor English. It's okay to spell the occasional word incorrectly, but things like using "no" instead of "know" can really confuse some people. Thanks.

I would like a stadium creator because it would be fun! ... although, it wouldn't be realistic, how many times does the manager of the team design the new stadium? :L

For all the wrong reasons i would love one, as it looks well fun. but for all the right reasons, i think we should just have some sort of graphic displaying it, as managers don't make stadiums.

In the new videos some of the stadia have houses in the ends.

I've got an inkling that in future editions they'll build on this; We'd be able to set the layout of a stadium in the editor i.e. with a running track, concrete bowls of Italian stadiums, over-hanging stands e.t.c

500 extra people just to create stadiums are you mad ? Please never ever go in to business on your own.

At minimum wage in UK (£5.80 per hour, based on 22 years old +) working approx 39 hours per week = £226.20 per week per person * 500 people = £113,000 per week extra on wages alone, obviously this does not include the extra building you will need to put all this people in.

To recreate many of the stadiums may also infringe certain licensing laws, which are currently owned by EA.

listen FM is a game after all, who cares if its unrealistic building a stadium for a manager, lets just say the chairmen has more of a say about buying a player then a manager, it's a game a game is to have fun, if you want it to be realistic then you might aswell do it in real life, and yeah sorry about the spelling and everything i didn't even go over what i wrote to check.

FM is a great game if you want it to be realistic then the chairman would have more of a say buying a player, theres alot of things in football manager that a manager does not do!! but who cares listen it's a bloody game, 1 major thing is that fm does not let you talk to the chairman which in real life they talk alot.

listen FM is a game after all, who cares if its unrealistic building a stadium for a manager, lets just say the chairmen has more of a say about buying a player then a manager, it's a game a game is to have fun, if you want it to be realistic then you might aswell do it in real life, and yeah sorry about the spelling and everything i didn't even go over what i wrote to check.

FM is a great game if you want it to be realistic then the chairman would have more of a say buying a player, theres alot of things in football manager that a manager does not do!! but who cares listen it's a bloody game, 1 major thing is that fm does not let you talk to the chairman which in real life they talk alot.

Unfortunately, the reason people here play 'just a game' and strive for realism is because believe it or not, professional football management is quite a difficult job to get into.

Buy Fifa Manager, i think they have stuff like this.

If there was an option in the game to import stadiums, a stadium editor included etc and the community could make stadiums etc, very much like skins and graphics now, then that would be quite cool.

i have to say fifa manager is poor i'll give you that, i just think creating a stadium would be fun, if you made your own team and everything, but they really need to sort the stadiums out, but from what ive seen in the new 1 they look nice.

Yes!! We create stadiums! Great!

Also, while we are at it, SI should put some natural resources on random places, and we hire miners, and lumberjacks to use that source to built our stadium...

Oh! And we will need food sources as well, so make some farms, hire fishers.

We also need to protect everything, so we build armies.

Welcome to Football Manager 2011: Civil-Football-ization

Yes!! We create stadiums! Great!

Also, while we are at it, SI should put some natural resources on random places, and we hire miners, and lumberjacks to use that source to built our stadium...

Oh! And we will need food sources as well, so make some farms, hire fishers.

We also need to protect everything, so we build armies.

Welcome to Football Manager 2011: Civil-Football-ization

ooooooohhhh every 1 it's japans very own lee evans hahaha mate your a funny geezer!

USM98 :thup:

74k max though iirc. :(

actually "Ally McCoist's Director of Football" let you choose things like seat type and which contractor you used. :cool:

totally forgot about usm98 that game was brill!!! do you no why they stopped making them??

Archived